• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 33
  • Total: 33
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

HELP with back up drive

Started by nickt, February 03, 2011, 05:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickt

Just turned my computer on and checked my back up drive to be presented with:- The disk in drive H is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?
What the bloody hell's happened. Has this drive failed? I've had the drive for about a year. Obviously formatting it means I will lose all my photos that are backed up. The original photos are on another drive so it's not too much of a problem. However I've got alot of edited photos on it that I don't have copies of. Is there anyway out of this and what could have caused it? Any thoughts?

Nick

Oldboy

Is the drive connected by USB? If so, unplug it before switching on the computer, then when the computer has loaded windows plug it in again and see what it says.  ;D

nickt

Oldboy, you're a genius. Got everything back.Thanks very much.

Nick

Oldboy

Quote from: nickt on February 03, 2011, 10:48:46 PM
Oldboy, you're a genius. Got everything back.Thanks very much.

Nick

:-[  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.