• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 137
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 138
  • Total: 138
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Gallery etiquette

Started by JCoePhotography, August 25, 2009, 09:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Just noticed the conversation in the shoutbox RE:daily upload limit.  Woul just like to remind anyone who's not sure about this.  I'll quote what I said below.

Quote from: admin on August 25, 2009, 11:10:37 PM
There's not really a daily limit, but I Spose it would be good practise to stick to three max in one go, but then if you look at the front page it shows 12 images, so as long as you sneak them in among them, and don't knock all the other pics off the front page in one go thats fine with me.

Site's busier now than its ever been  8) , so these images are soon turning around.  Just a question of being fair to others, staggering your uploads throughout the day would work.   I do however realise this is not convenient for everyone, what with daily lives and all that.  ;)

Bottom line.  No hard fast rules.   ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

picsfor

that sounds like a positive thing site being busier than ever  :tup:

oRGie

All the pics being uploaded are great photos, so it doesn't bother me at all who posted them :)   Also I think when a new user arrives its not unreasonable to let them load a few more than usual when setting up their galleries :)  Like Mick said though and how refreshing "no hard and fast rules"  :beer:

Mick, would it be simple to have the public gallery thunbnail links under the Pic of the week box before the news stuff ?  Might look nice..  just a thought..  :idea:

Simple

:-[ :-[ :-[
Hey people, I am sorry I had that wrong. Really sorry to Rick whom I gave wrong advise. Now you guys know why I hardly ever say anything on the forum.LOL
(I blame it on Old Age)
:-[ :-[ :-[

picsfor

rubbish - you just need a memory card with greater capacity  :tup: :2funny:

Mick

Quote from: oRGie on January 16, 2010, 05:28:17 PM

Mick, would it be simple to have the public gallery thunbnail links under the Pic of the week box before the news stuff ?  Might look nice..  just a thought..  :idea:

Yep. see what you think of it that way around.  :beer:

My Gallery

OpenSea

anglefire

I prefer it the way it now is - ie IOTW on top!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jimthetrain

Quote from: anglefire on January 16, 2010, 06:09:33 PM
I prefer it the way it now is - ie IOTW on top!

Me too. :tup:  I had to scroll down to see it before. This has more impact.
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

stevebedder

Agreed, IOTW on top looks good  :tup:

skellum

I like this idea but can the image be made larger there seems to be to much empty space on both sides. Could the image be put to the left with the text to the right......... :legit:

stevebedder

Quote from: Dave on January 16, 2010, 06:55:52 PM
I like this idea but can the image be made larger there seems to be to much empty space on both sides. Could the image be put to the left with the text to the right......... :legit:

I like the image in the middle, it draws the eye to focus on it. Having it left justified with the text next to it would IMO detract from the image.

Agree that it would be good to have the picture a little bit larger as there is a lot of white space around it. Not much larger mind  :tup:

picsfor

Quote from: Dave on January 16, 2010, 06:55:52 PM

I'm with Dave on this. This is picture of the week and needs to be promoted properly.
Putting it on the left allows it to be scaled up to its largest size while putting text to the right also leads you into latest forum discussions...

2 sides to this site - the pictures and the discussions.

That's my two penneth worth...
Over to Mick...      No pressure  :tup:

oRGie

oops  :D   Actually I meant to have links to the public galleries, the ones that use the keywords to add pics to them, but I must admit the iotw looks good on top. Not sure about scaling it up, as then there will be no need to click through to the gallery, less chance of peeps leaving a nice comment then ;)  also its ok for a landscape pic, but a portrait pic would then be a bit lost..hmmm.. perhaps thumnail links to the public galleries either side of the iotw might be a nice fill for the blank space either side ?   sorry Mick  :legit:  :beer:

Mick

Quote from: oRGie on January 16, 2010, 07:20:59 PM
oops  :D   Actually I meant to have links to the public galleries, the ones that use the keywords to add pics to them, but I must admit the iotw looks good on top. Not sure about scaling it up, as then there will be no need to click through to the gallery, less chance of peeps leaving a nice comment then ;)  also its ok for a landscape pic, but a portrait pic would then be a bit lost..hmmm.. perhaps thumnail links to the public galleries either side of the iotw might be a nice fill for the blank space either side ?   sorry Mick  :legit:  :beer:

Not your fault m8, I didn't read your first post properly.  ;)  With my limited coding knowledge I would find this pretty difficult to do to be honest.  

Like some of the other guys, I also don't like the blank space around the image, but if I increased the size of the image that would be a nightmare for portrait shots they'd take up most of the page and be bigger than the landscapes.  The size used here is exactly the same sized image as the intermediate images in the gallery, thus making it easy to add to the block.

The script used to pull the images to the front page is not very user friendly and there's only a certain amount of things it will let you control.  

I will however look into all this and see what I can do.  :tup:

Edit:  Had to switch the blocks back as it was throwing a error at me.   Something else to look into. :doh:

My Gallery

OpenSea

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.