• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 38
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 39
  • Total: 39
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Greetings from the U.S.

Started by MikeE, January 13, 2010, 03:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeE

I became acquainted with the site through an e-mail conversation with another member.

I mostly have older cameras (1960 and earlier) and mostly German with a Czech Etareta, a couple of French Focas and a few Japanese makes, including my original Nikons (purchased as a young U.S. serviceman in 1978).

My first digital camera was the Epson Photo PC 500 -- nice color but meager 0.3MP resolution. My next was the Nikon Coolpix 700. I couldn't afford the 950 that I really wanted.

I also have the Sony 828, sold the Olympic E-Volt 500 and picked up a Pentax K10D, which i find to be an excellent device.

I shoot film about 95% of the time. My favorite cameras are mostly Zeiss Ikons, including a Contax IIa, Super Ikonta 531/2, Tenax II and Mess Ikonta 6x6 (524/16).

This week, I've been shooting with a half-frame Agfa Optima-Parat and a Rolleiflex SL 35 E fitted with the 25mm Distagon.

I love everything about photography.
-Mike Elek

nancy

And a hello to you Mike! Welcome to CC! I know that you will find many like wise souls here that share in all things photographic and some friendly chats. It is nice to have another from across the "pond", as I too am from the U.S.
I look forward to your images!
Nancy

picsfor

Welcome to the site - it's all one happy photographic family here.

oRGie

Oldboy

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

Hi Mike, and welcome to CC.   

Any questions just shout. 
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

wendoureecat

Sarasocke

Another welcome Mike !

It's great that we have so many members from different parts of the globe.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Forseti

A welcome from me also - the more the merrier as they say. The site is going global now.  :2funny:
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

Hybridphotog

From another film user (sez he... who has yet to fire one of his Leicas/Kievs/FEDs yet this year), welcome. :)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.