• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 98
  • Total: 98
  • Bingbot
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Image theft - quite staggering

Started by Jonathan, December 04, 2009, 10:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

I've seen quite a few instances of image theft already.  A friend had pretty much her whole website ripped off (complete with hot links to her pics so the thief wasn't even paying for bandwidth).  Sometimes it's malicious, sometimes it's ignorance (people genuinely don't know they shouldn't do it) and sometimes it's accidental (people believe stuff is public domain and it's not).

But this one beats them all.

Check this out - http://lightingtutorials.blogspot.com/2009/12/robert-miller-photography.html

It's a blog that looks like it has stolen ALL its content so it can run a link bait style AdWords campaign.  That link is the blogger's public response to somebody who politely requested that he stop stealing his stuff.

Blogger rules say only the owner of copyright can complain so all the rest of us can do is look on in shock.  But best of luck to him holding onto the AdWords revenue when they close it down.
It's Guest's round

picsfor

He clearly has no issues with what he is doing.
What really surprises me is that the 'open internet' lobby haven't jumped to his defence!

Oldboy

I think the bankers have set the scene, if they can rip us off then lets all do it!!!!  >:(

jimthetrain

Quote from: Oldboy on December 04, 2009, 01:32:34 PM
I think the bankers have set the scene, if they can rip us off then lets all do it!!!!  >:(

Ooops. Sorry Oldboy. Just stole your quote for the next item in this thread. :2funny: :2funny:
We're all at it now. :D
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

Oldboy

Quote from: jimthetrain on December 04, 2009, 07:08:01 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on December 04, 2009, 01:32:34 PM

Ooops. Sorry Oldboy. Just stole your quote for the next item in this thread. :2funny: :2funny:
We're all at it now. :D

:'(  :legit:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.