• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 53
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 44
  • Total: 44
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on August 06, 2014, 12:58:18 PM
WAMT? Someone dumping asbestos in 'my' country park!

Had that in Sandwell Valley as well a few years ago.  >:(

jinky

Quote from: Reinardina on August 06, 2014, 05:16:34 PM
Quote from: jinky on August 06, 2014, 04:56:20 PM
Wedding hotels!!! We`re going to a friend`s wedding in September. Close enough for us to drive back and I offered not to drink and do so but my wife is eager to stay so told the bride we`d have a room. They emailed today saying book and pay at "the concessionary wedding rate". having checked out with the hotel website and Laterooms I discovered their "concessionary wedding rate is between £13 - £25 dearer than the rate I can get myself. I rang them and told them so saying that I thought as it was a Sunday night it would be cheaper again. They said I can cancel the room through the bride and book at the cheaper rate but it will affect the brides wedding package price. So the bride having selected a Sunday wedding because it is cheaper  has a package whereby her other guests are subsidising the savings through their room rates. My wife says it would be too embarrassing to cancel / book ourselves a room. I say what the hell. I guess I`ll lose though

Of course you'll lose! I wonder if the bride knew, her guests were ripped off?

Not as bad as a wedding hotel somewhere in the States though, where they fine the bride $500 if any of her guests gives negative feedback on the internet. (They refund it, if the critique is removed.)
When previous guests read about this, there was apparently a flurry of negative comments from previous guests.

Oh dear. Had our chat with the wedding coordinator at that hotel asking why the concessionary wedding rate was cheaper than their own websites  special offer rate. They said "it`s unusual and if people started cancelling rooms again it would affect brides price but she`d been told they only needed 9 rooms booked and she had 13. Well she has 11 booked now and 4 of us cheapskates have got the room and breakfast for £15 cheaper - I would say we `ve saved the price of a bottle of wine but the cheapest bottle in this hotel is £32. Looks like I`ll have to take a hip flask too  :D - only kidding on that bit. I think they might be spitting on our wedding breakfast but if it is the usual overpriced wedding chicken dinner we probably wont notice. The wedding coordinator could not see that she needed to change her listing of "Concessionary rates" to wedding rates as it was not cheaper. She said they`re cheaper 99% of the time especially on Sunday nights - that`ll be the Sunday nights when I`d normally get 10-20% off any rate in any hotel I`ve ever booked as it`s the slackest night!

Hinfrance

Trying to print to a Canon inkjet wirelessly using MacBook Air. Epic fail. Emailed the document to my Android tablet so I could print it.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Paul Montgomery

Thanks for the tips...
Not quite perfect but feeling a lot better...

ABERS

Another day shut in due to some cycling event taking place. What other sport disrupts life like cycling. Why don't they do it on the North York moors or somewhere equally remote where nobody lives. >:(

jinky

Not just cycling Abers. This year was Ok after a route change but every year before that our local great charity fundraiser`s 10K run locked us in for 6 hours every year as every road getting our from our estate was closed. No matter how many times we highlighted it they told us a certain road  out the back way was open , seemingly unaware they had installed automated barriers 5 years earlier!!!!

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: ABERS on August 10, 2014, 08:08:51 AM
Another day shut in due to some cycling event taking place. What other sport disrupts life like cycling. Why don't they do it on the North York moors or somewhere equally remote where nobody lives. >:(
Bugger off
I spend a lot of time on the NYM and I do not want a load of mobile organ donors dressed in lycra getting in my way.
Send them all to France.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

ABERS

Perhaps I should now switch to WMMFG  but it's absolutely pouring down in biblical proportions, so all those idiots will either be drowning or being swept along on a Sunami.

Hinfrance

Mrs H  has now noticed that the cycling is on the TV until 18:35, and she's spitting feathers. I have had to point out that bicycles are an incredibly outdated and inefficient means of transport; if they were using motorbikes they'd have finished hours ago.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

There was this cycling thingy recently, that started in Yorkshire and then pedalled off to France, and still you are not satisfied?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Does anyone know where I can find a bootable tool that will wipe the MBR without shredding the data on the second disk partition?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

donoreo

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 15, 2014, 12:37:39 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a bootable tool that will wipe the MBR without shredding the data on the second disk partition?
Any  Linux that has a live boot CD/DVD.  In the partitioning tools you can wipe the MBR.   

Hinfrance

Already tried that - Ubuntu 14 live disk - it can't even see the drive because of the Truecrypt. I've bitten the bullet and deleted the MBR with one of the tools on Ultimate Boot Disk and I'm reinstalling W7 now. It's Cubase's E-Licencer faffing about that I'm dreading . .

I've got all my data backed up on a network drive, so it's just a bit of a pain in the posterior. At least the new install isn't encrypted!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

donoreo

UBD was going to be my next suggestion.  Was trying to remember it's name, I have not used it in a while. 

Hinfrance

As predicted Cubase is proving to be a complete disaster. I mean, yes I get copyright protection, but there has to a balance so that legitimate purchasers don't have to run through dozens of hoops just to use the software licences they legitimately own. Not currently a happy bunny, although Windows reinstalled without issues.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.