• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 67
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 64
  • Total: 64
  • Google
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Gas plumbing is simpler than water plumbing - gas molecules are huge in comparison to water molecules and so the pipework is much easier to seal.

Which reminds me, the last time I did ours the pipe had a ten year life, and that was about 10 years ago :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

donoreo

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Graham

Quote from: donoreo on May 14, 2014, 11:57:50 AM
What is a hob?

It's the separate bit where you put your frying pans and the like, ie not tho oven or the grill.
  All going well so far, just need to get the first short length of worktop installed so I can refit the sink and get the water back on before SWMBO gets home!
                                 Must dash.  :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

DigiDiva

There's this thing going on in the North East but not sure if its spread further afield and its so annoying! Rather than sit in a rush hour queue in the outside lane on the approach to a roundabout, they go in the shorter queue of the inside lane and go round the roundabout fully to 'push in'. It means those travelling in the opposite direction, where there would normally be no queue, can't get out for people doing a full circuit

Does this happen everywhere?
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Andrew

Quote from: DigiDiva on May 14, 2014, 06:29:26 PM
There's this thing going on in the North East but not sure if its spread further afield and its so annoying! Rather than sit in a rush hour queue in the outside lane on the approach to a roundabout, they go in the shorter queue of the inside lane and go round the roundabout fully to 'push in'. It means those travelling in the opposite direction, where there would normally be no queue, can't get out for people doing a full circuit

Does this happen everywhere?

Sorry to disappoint - been going for quite a few years in the home counties - and certainly in Merseyside when I learned to drive in 1987!

It's not so bad in Suffolk or Norfolk - you have to watch for tractors with trailors - not the shortest lane. But then, you can comfortably beat them roound and off the roundabout   :dance:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Oldboy

Sunday to be exact. My computer bombed out whilst rebooting after crashing. It wouldn't load the system drivers so I couldn't even get to first base via safe mode. Had to remove the C: drive and put into a caddy and use my Vista tablet to try to fix using CHKDSK to fix. This didn't work as I needed to be logged into Admin to run! I am Admin but it still wouldn't!  >:(

Got my XP laptop and ran CHKDSK plus Norton Disk Doctor before taking it out of the caddy and putting it back in the main computer and it worked a treat.  :tup:

To add to my problems I've got a rotton cold and a nose that would leave Usain Bolt in the starting blocks!  :'(

As a aside my batteries on my Vista tablet wouldn't charge and I've had to plug it into the mains to use. Today the battery charged!!!  :doh:

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on May 14, 2014, 09:25:12 PM
Sunday to be exact. My computer bombed out whilst rebooting after crashing. It wouldn't load the system drivers so I couldn't even get to first base via safe mode. Had to remove the C: drive and put into a caddy and use my Vista tablet to try to fix using CHKDSK to fix. This didn't work as I needed to be logged into Admin to run! I am Admin but it still wouldn't!  >:(

Got my XP laptop and ran CHKDSK plus Norton Disk Doctor before taking it out of the caddy and putting it back in the main computer and it worked a treat.  :tup:

To add to my problems I've got a rotton cold and a nose that would leave Usain Bolt in the starting blocks!  :'(

As a aside my batteries on my Vista tablet wouldn't charge and I've had to plug it into the mains to use. Today the battery charged!!!  :doh:

Well, I understand the bit about the rotten cold and snotty nose, also the bit about the non-charging battery makes some sort of sense. As for the rest of it, not even sure what language it is! :legit:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

DigiDiva

My credit card shows an unknown transaction of £275 from Admiral Car Insurance - I think they have auto renewed when I have taken my car insurance with someone else! I haven't been with admiral for 2 years, what if they renewed last year too and I missed the transaction on my card! *Rolls up sleeves* - let battle commence
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Hinfrance

Quote from: Oldboy on May 14, 2014, 09:25:12 PM

2 things: Glary Utilities and don't encrypt the OS like I did - if it goes I'm stuffed. I can feel a Ubuntu dual boot coming on  . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Internet firms that do not have an email address for their customers, so you have to go through a whole load of 'tick boxes,' that never cater for my specific question.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

spinner

Quote from: Reinardina on May 15, 2014, 05:01:40 PM
Internet firms that do not have an email address for their customers, so you have to go through a whole load of 'tick boxes,' that never cater for my specific question.

The internet in general and all those stupid sites that want to integrate my Facebook and Google accounts. Then feeding me back ads they think I'll pay attention to.
Just uninstalled Chrome because every time i tried to get to a new site it'd redirect me to an ad page first.  >:(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Andrew

Quote from: spinner on May 15, 2014, 06:50:22 PM

The internet in general and all those stupid sites that want to integrate my Facebook and Google accounts. Then feeding me back ads they think I'll pay attention to.
Just uninstalled Chrome because every time i tried to get to a new site it'd redirect me to an ad page first.  >:(

Totally agree - though I've never used Chrome.
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Oldboy

Is it because they want you to buy the lastest technology so you are super connected, but want to avoid it themselves due to the cr*p customer services they provide. It would mean that their email address would be full.  >:( >:( >:(

Oldboy

Quote from: Andrew on May 15, 2014, 09:05:56 PM

Totally agree - though I've never used Chrome.

Chrome used to be all the rage years ago, Chrome hubcaps, radiator's and bumpers!  :2funny: :2funny:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.