• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 53
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 32
  • Total: 32
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiDiva

Quote from: kerbside on March 01, 2014, 09:42:56 AM
Chris, let's hope that these forums that you were on and that have gone down is no reflection on you or CC stands no chance. ;)

Cheers Jeff...lol...It was just being updated, its back up now!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Hinfrance

Quote from: anglefire on March 02, 2014, 05:57:23 PM
That's a bugger Hinfrance - I've been using Syncback pro for years and it is spot on. Though if you get the config wrong it will do some damage.

It's not the first time I've had issues. It seems that long file names can cause problems. I've decided to give the backup utility from EaseUS a go. Their partition manager is amazingly good, and so far so is their backup application. Fingers crossed!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

I`m in a bad place and everything is annoying me today.
The media re: Alan Pardew - for god`s sake chill. No-one died, a brus of the head and they want him sacked. Touchline ban for 5 games and the fines and move on for God`s sake

Wedding edit from last week. What do you do when the people attending don`t seem to want to be there and the dress style for half the 13 people is hoodies. 8.5 month pregnant bride in a a red and black dress and no make up on their acne. Countless extra processing time... I could go on.

Still ill with cough and fevers after a week

Now the worst my mother in law was taken into hospital whilst we were in Cuba and we rushed straight there on our return. I`m afraid she has terminal cancer of pancreas / liver secoindary and the outlook is glum. Lots of tears about not living to see my eldest daughter married next March. Life can be so cruel.

So what finishes me off?
1. I put £15 into a hospital TV card system to enable her to watch a little TV in her sideward room with nothing else and make the odd exhorbitantly priced call to find that it does not work. No-one in the hospital has a number for them and I have to call a 10p per minute helpline who we watch try to fix it remotely for half an hour with no success before they inform me it is broken and no refunds available. I don`t think so!

2. We had a murder mystery weekend booked through Living Social on Sunday which we cancelled in due time to be told there were no other dates available until Dec 14th when the voucher expires so we either transfer it to friends  (Friday night for a Sunday booking) or lose the money. Again I don`t think so though Living Social have initially stated no refund.

When things go wrong life really does kick you in the teeth.

Sorry to bring everyone down :(

Jediboy

Jinky, sounds like you're having a bad time indeed.
I hope things pick up where they can.
All the best to you and your family.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

ABERS

Quote from: jinky on March 03, 2014, 06:59:14 AM
I`m in a bad place and everything is annoying me today.
The media re: Alan Pardew - for god`s sake chill. No-one died, a brus of the head and they want him sacked. Touchline ban for 5 games and the fines and move on for God`s sake

If there was a managers' team playing, Pardew would play Joey Barton's role. The man's a nutter, in more ways than one.

Heartfelt sympathy for you family problems, not a nice situation.

Hinfrance

Sorry to hear of your multiple woes Paul. Hope that you climb out of the hole really soon.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Now the worst my mother in law was taken into hospital whilst we were in Cuba and we rushed straight there on our return. I`m afraid she has terminal cancer of pancreas / liver secoindary and the outlook is glum. Lots of tears about not living to see my eldest daughter married next March. Life can be so cruel.

Very sad news. So sorry.  :'(

So what finishes me off?
1. I put £15 into a hospital TV card system to enable her to watch a little TV in her sideward room with nothing else and make the odd exhorbitantly priced call to find that it does not work. No-one in the hospital has a number for them and I have to call a 10p per minute helpline who we watch try to fix it remotely for half an hour with no success before they inform me it is broken and no refunds available. I don`t think so!

Write to the MD of the company telling them you will taken them to court, using the small claims court option, unless you get a full refund. These companies featured on WatchDog a few years ago.  >:(

Hinfrance

Thunderstorm + rural France = no electricity. Probably for hours, if not days. Worst so far was four and  half days. Eek.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 03, 2014, 02:11:25 PM
Thunderstorm + rural France = no electricity. Probably for hours, if not days. Worst so far was four and  half days. Eek.

Surely a thunderstorm equals lighting therefore, plenty of electricity. Just hold up a copper rod into the air!  :uglystupid2: :legit:

Alfonso_Frisk

All fall down
Went arse over elbow down a steep muddy bank during walk on the north york moors today.
I landed on top of the camera smashing the hood :-[
No bones broken but all me gear stinks of horse and cow shite :o
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Reinardina

Photography can be a dangerous hobby.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on March 03, 2014, 07:20:19 PM
All fall down
Went arse over elbow down a steep muddy bank during walk on the north york moors today.

No more candid shots for you, as they will smell you a mile away!  :o :P

Glad you are OK. All the rain we have had over the last three months has caused the ground to be super muddy and slippy. Instead of look around for wildlife you have to keep checking where you are putting your feet.  :(

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on March 03, 2014, 10:46:36 PM
Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on March 03, 2014, 07:20:19 PM
All fall down

No more candid shots for you, as they will smell you a mile away!  :o :P

Glad you are OK. All the rain we have had over the last three months has caused the ground to be super muddy and slippy. Instead of look around for wildlife you have to keep checking where you are putting your feet.  :(

It's a Nikon. Don't worry about it!  :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Karen

I cant find a pop up screen shade to fit my screen...grrrrr all very well Samsung giving us a bigger screen but life would have been easier with a size that fitted accessories

Tripod

All the wool that the politicians try to pull over my eyes. At 76 don't they know I've been there and seen all of it before. Lies and excuses. And as always.....blame the other side.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.