• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 68
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 76
  • Total: 76
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on November 28, 2013, 07:25:43 PM

On the family pc (Vista),  all the tool bar icons have moved from the system tray, to a black split screen to the right of the screen and we don't know how to fix it. The toolbar at the bottom has disappeared, and all icons are scattered in the black space to the right.

It is not the normal (blue) toolbar that has moved as a whole, so we cannot  just drag it back and lock it in place.

Anyone any ideas?

I have to do other things now, so I won't be able to answer any questions till much later tonight, or probably tomorrow, but if anyone can suggest anything that might clear this up, then yes please.

Try looking in help for Sidebar.  :D

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on November 28, 2013, 10:29:02 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on November 28, 2013, 07:25:43 PM

On the family pc (Vista),  all the tool bar icons have moved from the system tray, to a black split screen to the right of the screen and we don't know how to fix it. The toolbar at the bottom has disappeared, and all icons are scattered in the black space to the right.

It is not the normal (blue) toolbar that has moved as a whole, so we cannot  just drag it back and lock it in place.

Anyone any ideas?

I have to do other things now, so I won't be able to answer any questions till much later tonight, or probably tomorrow, but if anyone can suggest anything that might clear this up, then yes please.

Try looking in help for Sidebar.  :D

Thanks OB. Will tell hubby to have a look there, if he hasn't done so already.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

The icons can be sorted by right clicking anywhere in the blank main screen and choosing 'sort'. You should be able to simply drag the sidebar back to the bottom.

It sounds, however, like you may have inadvertently changed the desktop theme. Right click anywhere on the desktop and choose 'personalise' (I think that's what the option is, my daughter's Vista machine has a French OS, so I am translating).

Fixed my AV, by ditching it completely and installing AVG Free.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on November 29, 2013, 08:23:42 AM
The icons can be sorted by right clicking anywhere in the blank main screen and choosing 'sort'. You should be able to simply drag the sidebar back to the bottom.

It sounds, however, like you may have inadvertently changed the desktop theme. Right click anywhere on the desktop and choose 'personalise' (I think that's what the option is, my daughter's Vista machine has a French OS, so I am translating).

Fixed my AV, by ditching it completely and installing AVG Free.

Problem is, it is not a bar as such, just a collection of icons on a black background. When you try to move it, you only widen the black space till it half fills the screen.

I'll suggest the other two options to hubby.

Off to the shops now.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

donoreo

It may be something in your user profile is messed up.  If you can create a new new user and log in with it and it is fine, then it is something specific to your user. 

Hinfrance

Touch screen devices in general, my satnav in particular. It doesn't matter where on the damned screen I touch them, something nowhere near where I am touching them starts up or stops or just moves.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

I'm not a fanboy or a paid tout for Apple, but I must say I don't have those issues with my iPad or iPhone, on the other hand I just got a pay as you go Galaxy something for use here in the U.S. and the damn thing opens apps while it's sitting in my pocket.  :o
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on December 03, 2013, 07:44:12 PM
I'm not a fanboy or a paid tout for Apple, but I must say I don't have those issues with my iPad or iPhone, on the other hand I just got a pay as you go Galaxy something for use here in the U.S. and the damn thing opens apps while it's sitting in my pocket.  :o

Perhaps you have a leprechaun in your pocket!  :2funny: :2funny:

Hinfrance

I have the problem with all capacitive touch screen devices. My Sony Xperia phone is least prone to weirdness that I've tried so far. I don't think it's one brand or another; my grandfather could never wear a digital watch because they always ran erratically on him. I guess we're just a juiced up family ;)

As for your Samsung Spinner, I'm not convinced their quality control is where it should be. A friend of mine has just had to return a Galaxy handset for a replacement for various issues, like not being able to make 'phone calls . . . on the other hand, if I'd laid out €700 for an iPad I would expect it to know what I was thinking, not to actually have to touch it  :doh:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Jediboy

Generally pspeaking I rate touch screens quite highly. In my experience they are very good.
The fingerprint scanner on my new iPhone 5s is a bit hit an miss though - can be very annoying when it keeps saying 'try again.'
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Jediboy

One of the most beautiful sunrises I've seen in a long time this morning.
But I had to look at it through the window whilst feeding porridge to my baby son.  :(

Chris

Hinfrance

Quote from: Jediboy on December 05, 2013, 08:02:07 AM
Generally pspeaking I rate touch screens quite highly. In my experience they are very good.
The fingerprint scanner on my new iPhone 5s is a bit hit an miss though - can be very annoying when it keeps saying 'try again.'

Yeah, I know, it's just me. I actually use an old resistive screen PDA more than my 'phone for organising stuff. It actually does what I tell it to.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Jediboy

I've just re-read this post and noticed the typo. ' pspeaking'.  :doh:
I guess I was wrong - sometimes they are not as good as you'd hope!!  :-\

Chris

Jediboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 05, 2013, 09:35:42 AM

Yeah, I know, it's just me. I actually use an old resistive screen PDA more than my 'phone for organising stuff. It actually does what I tell it to.

If it works for you then stick with it. For me it's convenience, but I have already shown a weakness in the system,or maybe I just have sausage fingers.

Chris

Oldboy

Quote from: Jediboy on December 05, 2013, 09:52:08 AM

I've just re-read this post and noticed the typo. ' pspeaking'.  :doh:
I guess I was wrong - sometimes they are not as good as you'd hope!!  :-\

Ah! That's because you are pressing your nose too close to the screen - perhaps you need glasses!  :P :legit:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.