• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 68
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 51
  • Total: 51
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Quote from: Mick on November 17, 2013, 11:28:56 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on November 17, 2013, 11:02:09 AM
Couldn't upload the colour version of my 'Guard Dog' shot yesterday. Mono version went on okay.

Tried another colour shot today and all I get is this:

????

Cannot upload Zero Byte files.

?0?????

?

??

Both photos uploaded to Flickr without any problems!

What is going on?

Strange one Reinardina.  Can you attach it to your next post?

EDIT: Actually scrap that idea, and instead of using the "Multiple files, Flash driven" uploader, select the "Simple one file at a time" setting from the dropdown R/H side of the upload page, and see if that works please.

That worked okay Mick.
I'll try the coloured version of the 'Guard Dog' shot again now. The 'norma'l way.

Mick.
I still cannot upload the Guard Dog (in colour) shot via the normal uploader, but via the 'simple' one I have no problems.
Over to you now. Or can my photos have become 'jinxed' with all the weird things that have gone on with my laptop?
I did deactivate E11, when I thought the laptop had to go in for repairs, and have reactivated it afterwards.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Mick

Quote from: Reinardina on November 17, 2013, 03:17:56 PM

That worked okay Mick.
I'll try the coloured version of the 'Guard Dog' shot again now. The 'norma'l way.

Mick.
I still cannot upload the Guard Dog (in colour) shot via the normal uploader, but via the 'simple' one I have no problems.
Over to you now. Or can my photos have become 'jinxed' with all the weird things that have gone on with my laptop?
I did deactivate E11, when I thought the laptop had to go in for repairs, and have reactivated it afterwards.

Think it might have something to do with the latest Flash plyer plugin that was release this last few days.  I also have problems with flash player in IE11, so might be that.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Reinardina

Quote from: Mick on November 17, 2013, 04:07:13 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on November 17, 2013, 03:17:56 PM

That worked okay Mick.

Mick.

Think it might have something to do with the latest Flash plyer plugin that was release this last few days.  I also have problems with flash player in IE11, so might be that.

This probably sounds stupid, but is that something I should be able to solve, or is it on your, CC, side? I don't think I've downloaded a new flash player in the last few days, but it could have slipped my mind.

Just uploaded my competition shot the normal way and it went without a problem. ?????  ???

Latest update: uploaded a mono street shot and had to go through the 'simple' uploader again!! Am I the only one who has this problem?

krennon

wamt....my Yorkshire puddings didn't rise....usual recipe, oil and oven all hot ready to go and out of 6 yorkies I got 4 rocks solid burnt to a crisp could use them as skeets discs and 2 edible ones....oh well at least I have food in my belly unlike some so can't complain really...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Reinardina

Quote from: krennon on November 17, 2013, 07:47:54 PM
wamt....my Yorkshire puddings didn't rise....usual recipe, oil and oven all hot ready to go and out of 6 yorkies I got 4 rocks solid burnt to a crisp could use them as skeets discs and 2 edible ones....oh well at least I have food in my belly unlike some so can't complain really...

Haven't made them for ages, would have to look up the recipe.
At least a third were edible, not too bad.

anglefire

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

WinAmp is finishing (although may be saved as open source or by M$), but the really really bad news is that Shoutcast radio is being terminated at the end of the week. I listen to it every day, it has such wonderful idiosyncratic stations on it; it's an almost limitless source of diverse music. I shall miss it sorely.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Andrew

the weather - was gonna get my weekly comp pic.
Not riding all that way in the rain - just to set camera up in an open and exposed location.
Weather forecst said dry and cloudy today - hope they say it will rain tomorrow  :o
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Oldboy

Quote from: Andrew on November 27, 2013, 11:59:05 AM
the weather - was gonna get my weekly comp pic.
Not riding all that way in the rain - just to set camera up in an open and exposed location.
Weather forecst said dry and cloudy today - hope they say it will rain tomorrow  :o

Agree with the weather. When we have lows it's cloudy. At present we have a high and it still cloudy....when do we get sunshine?  >:( >:( >:(

donoreo

I had to shovel snow this morning.   :P

Oldboy

Quote from: donoreo on November 27, 2013, 08:18:19 PM
I had to shovel snow this morning.   :P

Better than shovelling sh*t.  :2funny: :legit:

Alfonso_Frisk

Yesterday really :doh:
Camera fell out of the back of my car smashing the lens cap and a CPL filter.
Happened so quickly but at least the lens. grip and camera survived the fall from waist height
Glad I am in the habit of having some sort of filter on the front at all times.
:tup:
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Reinardina

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on November 28, 2013, 03:30:04 PM
Yesterday really :doh:
Camera fell out of the back of my car smashing the lens cap and a CPL filter.
Happened so quickly but at least the lens. grip and camera survived the fall from waist height
Glad I am in the habit of having some sort of filter on the front at all times.
:tup:

Lucky escape then. Could have been much worse.

Hinfrance

The AV application on my PC has gone completely nuts. It won't allow anything to run or connect to the internet. And it won't turn off. I can see hours of fun lies ahead of me.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on November 28, 2013, 03:51:39 PM
The AV application on my PC has gone completely nuts. It won't allow anything to run or connect to the internet. And it won't turn off. I can see hours of fun lies ahead of me.

At least you know about computers. I don't even know what an AV application is.

On the family pc (Vista),  all the tool bar icons have moved from the system tray, to a black split screen to the right of the screen and we don't know how to fix it. The toolbar at the bottom has disappeared, and all icons are scattered in the black space to the right.

It is not the normal (blue) toolbar that has moved as a whole, so we cannot  just drag it back and lock it in place.

Anyone any ideas?

I have to do other things now, so I won't be able to answer any questions till much later tonight, or probably tomorrow, but if anyone can suggest anything that might clear this up, then yes please.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.