• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 242
  • Total: 242
  • Google
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

[Sold] Sigma/Bigma 50-500mm f/4.5-6.3 APO DG HSM FOR SALE

Started by Karen, May 04, 2013, 11:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen

FOR Sigma/Bigma 50-500mm f/4.5-6.3 APO DG HSM CANON FIT.
  Bought this second hand from a friend who I knew was as OCD about his equipment as me and to be honest its a fantastic lens but I have developed an interest in landscapes and its getting little use.  The lens is spotless. I have no box for it unfortunately but will package within an inch of its life. Comes with hood and UV filter on front. Will accept £495 including postage. Will accept bank transfer.

Karen

Ok because Ive seen a lens that I fancy prepared to reduce price on this so make me an offer!!

Alfonso_Frisk

Cant believe its not sold.
Cracking kit at a cracking price.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Oldboy

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on May 08, 2013, 08:59:44 AM
Cant believe its not sold.
Cracking kit at a cracking price.

Quite agree and love mine.  :tup:

Karen

I thought someone would snap it up. Its a fantastic lens. Some people worry about hand holding it but Ive never had any problem

jinky

Karen

No longer for sale as I have part exchanged it. Thanks

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: Karen on May 09, 2013, 03:24:01 PM
No longer for sale as I have part exchanged it. Thanks
If you dont mind me asking Karen, How much did you get for it PX?
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Matthew

Sorry to see you didn't make a sale on here Karen......I am still paying off my camera, so my hands were tied, but I would've snapped it up otherwise. I even put out a link on my Facebook page (hope you dont mind), yet no takers. Glad to see you got a PX for though.
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Karen

Quote from: highlandscenics on May 09, 2013, 10:42:21 PM
Sorry to see you didn't make a sale on here Karen......I am still paying off my camera, so my hands were tied, but I would've snapped it up otherwise. I even put out a link on my Facebook page (hope you dont mind), yet no takers. Glad to see you got a PX for though.

Thanks for that. How you getting on with new camera? I was disappointed as well but in some respects although obviously not going to get as much as selling privately it does take away all the hassle. So I suppose its swings and roundabouts really. Unfortunately I think because they have brought out a new version of the lens with IS the price for the old one has taken a nose dive. I have dealt with Mifsuds before and they are a very good company. They had the lens I'm after which is the Sigma 12-24mm described as excellent ++ at £399 so I didnt want to miss that so we came to a mutually agreeable deal whereby I didnt have to pay out much and I'm looking forward to it coming next week. Will let you know what new lens is like.

Matthew

That's good then Karen, always exciting waiting for new prezzies to arrive!

Yeah, getting on great with the 600D, just wish I moved into DsLR's sooner. Learning the same way I did when I first started out....plenty of practice and self teaching! I have learnt basic flash photography now, so now moving onto the more complex avenues of bouncing and creative flash.

Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reinardina

Quote from: highlandscenics on May 11, 2013, 07:03:11 PM
That's good then Karen, always exciting waiting for new prezzies to arrive!

Yeah, getting on great with the 600D, just wish I moved into DsLR's sooner. Learning the same way I did when I first started out....plenty of practice and self teaching! I have learnt basic flash photography now, so now moving onto the more complex avenues of bouncing and creative flash.

I'm dead jealous Matt.
Been thinking about a DSLR for years, but dare not risk it. For starters I cannot focus manually, because of my eyesight.
Till I find out that I can really use all the advantages a DSLR has to offer, I'll stick to my bridge. (With which I am very happy anyway.)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Karen

Glad you're getting on ok with it. I'm looking forward to getting out at the weekend with the new lens

Hinfrance

Great to hear that you are having so much fun with the new camera Matt.

Reinardina, why not just go for the DSLR anyway, the starter ones are not very much more than a decent bridge these days and you need not worry about focusing, they're all very good at autofocus; I generally only use manual focus with the macro lens in low light.

As for price, I mooch about the French equivalent of Cash Converters, mainly looking for musical stuff, but I noticed yesterday that they had a Pentax K100D*and kit lens for €100, so why not nip down to the secondhand store and see if you can pick a DSLR up for a song to play around with? The Nikons and Canons they had were somewhat newer and therefore dearer, but still good value.

Or go new for a little more. The EOS 1100D, Nikon D3100, and the Sony Alpha A58 (OK the Sony is  more) are all around £300 with a kit lens. The rather odd, but mirrorless Pentax K-01 is also around that figure without a lens and the same sensor as the K5, but again secondhand lenses are cheap and plentiful. Or what about one of the smaller mirrorless cameras from Sony (as used by Abers), Panasonic or Olympus. There are simply loads to chose from and all will have better detail and definition than your bridge offers. Personally I rather fancy one of the Abers machines. But there is a new guitar being saved up for ahead of that  ;)

But don't sell the bridge - you'll probably regret it!

*only 6.1mp, and the autofocus will be slow by modern standards, but it would give someone the feel.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.