• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 47
  • Total: 47
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Chat thread for weekly comp THRU A WINDOW or DOOR

Started by irv_b, January 15, 2012, 08:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irv_b

CHAT THREAD
This weeks topic for the competition is
THRU A WINDOW/DOOR
The idea is to use your imagination and skill to shoot the subject either thru a window/door or with the subject in the window/door. The window doesn't need to have glass in it but it would be good to see the frame.
No restrictions on any PPing

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 16th Jan 2012 to 23:59 Sunday  22nd Jan 2012 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 23rd January 2012.
Poll will be up Tuesday 24th January 2012.
Winner to be announced Saturday 28th Jan 2012.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Oldboy

irv_b

My Gallery

michaelb104

Took this earlier in the week from my weekday home, a hotel room just outside Portsmouth.  I had to rest the camera on a pile of pillows, just to try and stop shake(keep forgetting to up the ISO  :doh: :doh:  ).

I might change it if I find something better in the next couple of days.
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Reinardina

Quote from: michaelb104 on January 21, 2012, 11:23:01 AM
Took this earlier in the week from my weekday home, a hotel room just outside Portsmouth.  I had to rest the camera on a pile of pillows, just to try and stop shake(keep forgetting to up the ISO  :doh: :doh:  ).

I might change it if I find something better in the next couple of days.

What do they say about great minds ... ?
Mike and I must have been very much on the same wave lengh, watching the same sunrise from almost within shouting distance. (If you have a very loud voice!)
I took this one earlier in the week, as a 'just in case I couldn't get another window or door shot.' As it happens, I didn't get another one; been too distracted. So I think I'm in with this, and stay in with this.
(I was lucky, as I didn't have to leave the house to take it!)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

I did one of the sunset from our dining room window, on the only non rainy/foggy day we've had this week. Not up to your standards though guys - too many trees in the way and I forgot to turn the kitchen light off so there is a large white reflection in one corner as well.

Still got a day and a half to think of something. Although it's raining again at the moment.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

irv_b

I have done one of the cat in the living room window but our windows are disgracefully dirty :o :-[ so it's back to the drawing board!
My Gallery

Reinardina

Quote from: irv_b on January 21, 2012, 01:40:35 PM
I have done one of the cat in the living room window but our windows are disgracefully dirty :o :-[ so it's back to the drawing board!

I am lucky; our fourth floor windows can not be cleaned safely; we rely on the rain to wash them down. The inside only needs cleaning if the outside is reasonably clean. That saves a lot of work!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

I'm in with a wee playful shot

Can you come out to play

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Sarasocke

Andy, love that!

I do have something, just got to process and load. Better get on and do it :)
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Sarasocke

Done, with a lot of faffing. Dark inside and very light outside.  grmmppff
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

stevebedder

Here's one I took last night....

Good luck everyone....

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.