• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 223
  • Total: 223
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Chat Thread AND POLL for Weekly Comp - CD COVER

Started by Delamanda, April 29, 2012, 06:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your favourite CD Cover below

Physical Graffiti

6 (46.2%)
Spring Quartet

2 (15.4%)
Bread

1 (7.7%)
Blindthrone

4 (30.8%)
Dark Side of the Moon

0 (0%)
The Byrds?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: May 12, 2012, 07:28:48 AM

Delamanda

As the inclement weather continues, I thought we should have something creative this week and I believe it's a while since we had CD covers.  To add some interest feel free to leave out the text so that we can guess the album.  Lots of post processing welcome.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 30th Apr 2012 to 23:59 Sunday 6th May 2012 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 7th May 2012.
Poll will be up Tuesday 8th May 2012.
Winner to be announced Saturday 12th May 2012.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...
By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Delamanda

Hinfrance

Just got the main image taken, hopefully. ::)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

I seem to be totally obsessed with spring this year. Wonder why.
I reworked a hawthorn flower shot into a tapestry of spring greens, with a quartet of flowers, calling it 'Spring Quartet.'
Hope the 'concerto' will chase off the spring blues, caused by the weather.

So I'm in with this one:

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

Easy one to guess  :D

Demicrust  :tup: or a CD on how to bake  :-\
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

I'm sleeping on it . . .

Just googled Blindstone to discover that it is a real band - oops  :o I'd better think of another name and resubmit.

Later: OK, renamed it and done a search, hopefully not treading on anyone's toes now  :tup:

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Delamanda

Just modified mine to include the title.

skellum

Just remembered today is Monday and not Sunday   :uglystupid2:   Anyway this would of been my entry.
Thick as a brick by Jethro Tull.  Not as well known as the others but one of my favorite albums from the early 70,s

Delamanda

Oh Crikey!  I seem to have added the poll to the chat thread, so I'll change the name.

Admin - there are two entries that aren't in the competition album and I can't find a way to load them.  Could you assist please?

Thanks!

Beaux Reflets

The title of my shot is Best of by the way  ;)  :legit:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Oldboy

Well done Delamanda. It is Turn, Turn, Turn by the Byrds.  :tup:

Hinfrance

Edited to include the two previously missing pictures ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.