• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 92
  • Total: 92
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

New camera (and lens)

Started by StephenBatey, October 22, 2019, 02:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenBatey

Slightly shoehorned into this section, as it is more compact than many, and there isn't a section for large format cameras (yet  ;D).

I've just got a new-to-me Canham MQC camera, which is a 5x7 camera (that's the size of the negative in inches). At only one pound heavier than my Canham DLC which is 5x4, and actually lighter than my Walker Titan SF (also 5x4) it qualifies as a compact camera to me anyway. I rather like the 5x7 proportions, and the ground glass is a joy to behold (although 10x8 is better).

I've also just received a Nikkor-M 300mm lens from WYC, which covers 10x8 and is also small and light - especially when compared to my Schneider 300mm f/5.6 which has a larger covering power.*

* Means the image circle is bigger, allowing move rise/fall/shift.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Oldboy

Sounds like you will be having fun.  :tup:

StephenBatey

The camera has already had an outing to Hastings (outside photos) and the De la Warr pavillion in Bexhill (interior) and it's certainly as easy to use as a 5x4. I don't actually notice a difference in use between the 5x4 and 5x7 versions, even though the negative area is almost double.

I can see that I might actually give up on 5x4.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Jediboy

Hope you enjoy your new camera. 👍
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.