• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 207
  • Total: 207
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Cornwall Meet 14th/15th/16th May

Started by picsfor, February 02, 2010, 05:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

Quote from: Sandy on March 03, 2010, 09:10:17 PM
Hi I do not mind waiting in a nice coffee shop while you go rock climbing

Yeah - we're  not going all that way so you can sit in a coffee shop and pictures of us crawling back on all fours from a treck.
As said, there is plenty in the various locations that will give Eillen some flowers, Martin some birds and Sandy some phone boxes with me and Irv looking at what takes our fancy. And not a dog in sight!

Must have a look at Heligan see what that has to say?

Sarasocke

Not that it' so important at the moment, but I will only have two seats in the car. We take out the back seats completely when we come to the UK as we have so much baggage, what with dog crates etc. But two cars would still be OK, two in mine and four in the second car.

Now back to where to go .....
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Sandy

Hi

One of the members at my camera club said that Babara Hepworth garden in St Ives is worth a visit.

Sandy

Just Dave

Quote from: picsfor on March 03, 2010, 08:16:09 PM
As for Lands End -  :tup:

Hi

We satyed down at sennon cove, Lands End, we went for w alk and came across The Minack Theatre, think entries free during the day, whilst we were there they were having a dress rehearsal of a play, cant remember which play, to celebrate the remarkable Life story of Rowena Cade, and her gardener who built the Minack Theatre Clicky Linky to Minack Theatre website, maybe worth a visit, sorry no images as Id have to scan them HTH

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

picsfor

Thanks for the input all on where to visit.
I'm thinking that Heligan Gardens are looking good for the Saturday meet up. It seems to have a choice of subject material including flowers and wildlife and a few places to eat.
It also seems to have a phone box nearby for Sandy.  :tup:

http://www.heligan.com/

Click on the link above to have a look and offer your opinions.
Now for the sunrise and sunset shots...

Who's up for St Micheal's Mount for one of them? Not far from the hotel...

Sarasocke

St. Michael's Mount is spectacular - about 50 minutes drive from Newquay. I have about 30 minutes drive to Newquay - all those little back roads - so I might give sunrise and sunset a miss. The days are really long in May ..... If something like Bedruthan Steps could be an alternative for morning of evening, I could make that.

Heligan sounds good for during the day :)

Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

picsfor

that looks achievable - let the others have a look and comment.

Eileen

Heligan sounds great to me. :tup:

From what I can see on Google Earth, the coast around Newquay itself looks pretty scenic and also very accessible, so maybe we could do a couple of morning/evening shoots there. As we'll be a bit weary from the journey on the first day and probably won't want to do much more driving once we've arrived it might be good to spend that evening round Newquay?

Bedruthan Steps looks spectacular and well worth a visit if it appeals to others. I note that there are a lot of steps down to the beach and it's only accessible at low tide (must get some tide charts for that weekend) but there's a fair amount to see from the cliffs and a nearby carpark so it sounds like we'd all get a chance to take pictures, even if the steps aren't negotiable.

I think we may have some time for a daytime shoot on the Sunday - any ideas for somewhere that's either in this area or on the way home?

Sandy

The gardens look interesting and well worth a visit. Sunrise should be good at St Michael Mounts, but are sunsets not better on the Northern side but is that too far to travel?

Sandy

picsfor

You are right Sandy - sunsets would be better on the Northern side - which is where Newquay is.

So Heligan Gardens looks good for the main attraction for Saturday.
Now to confirm the other venues...

Sandy

My blue badge just arrived today, so that might help parking in Cornwall

Sandy

minky_monkey

Just ordered a B&W 77mm 10 stop ND.... ::)

Should be interesting to see what can be achieved!

picsfor

Quote from: minky_monkey on April 14, 2010, 11:44:38 AM
Just ordered a B&W 77mm 10 stop ND.... ::)
Should be interesting to see what can be achieved!
I think we'll all be interested...

minky_monkey

Lots of milky water shots probably!! lol

All are more than welcome to have a go... 8)

Sandy

I had one of those filters for my birthday last year. They can produce good results and some very odd results. They tend to produce a very pink colour sometimes and when I was using one on the wind farm I ended up with just pink/white poles in a field and no blades at all.

Sandy

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.