• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 49
  • Total: 49
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

best telly series ever ??

Started by Bigbill, April 23, 2011, 03:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbill

Hewwo from Rainy Sheffy,,,

Now then,,,just to get you all talking,,,,,whats the best TELLY series ever ??
for me its no contest,,has to be E R,,the Chicago based Medical drama,,top class stuff..
You think ?????

Shine On

Hinfrance

Let me think about it . . . I presume you mean dramas?

Probably TNG . . or Buffy (Whedon is a genius) . . or Bablyon 5

Although there is also Dexter . .

And Doctor Who, going from strength to strength with its bigger budget and Steven Moffat doing the writing.

Worst ones are easier: just about any recent US blockbuster with the wretched Lost (perfect description of the 'plot') in first place followed closely by Heroes (you had to be one to stand it) and 24 (the number not referring to the time frame as often supposed, but the suggested maximum IQ of the ideal viewer). :legit:

Obviously there will be a huge spectrum of opinion here, so let's have 'em  :beer:

Regrets Bill, but I loath medical dramas  ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

skellum

Quote from: Bigbill on April 23, 2011, 03:42:37 PM
Hewwo from Rainy Sheffy,,,

Now then,,,just to get you all talking,,,,,whats the best TELLY series ever ??
for me its no contest,,has to be E R,,the Chicago based Medical drama,,top class stuff..
You think ?????

Shine On

I take it your not to bothered about the football at the moment ?    Walsall 1  Sheff Wed 1  ( HT ) incidently both goals scored by former PNE players.  Anyway back to your question are you including Comedy Series ?   Which for me would be Faulty Towers, looks very dated now but still makes me laugh.  Off to the pub now to watch Millwall v PNE on sky.

Graham

Both series of Black Books.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

irv_b

If we are talking comedy you can't beat "Curb your enthusiasm" the only thing I have ever 'skyplused' and bought on dvd and drama wise I have a thing for "Casualty" :-[
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Beryl

Midsomer Murders for me is the best ever series  :)
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Bigbill

ahhhh,,must admit,,being a bit thick i never thought about categories,,,,,
so,,,,,as follows
Drama - Comedy - action - sci fi - easy on the eye(ie sexy)

E R - PYTHON - SWEENEY - NEW BATTLESTAR - ORIGINAL STAR TREK (yeoman rand)- special mention for Jools Holland(keeping music live)

shine on

Beaux Reflets

The Two Ronnies   :2funny:    8) ::)   by the glass full  :beer:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Oldboy

What! No Fools and Horses, the original?  :o

Beaux Reflets

Yes, always enjoy F&H and a bit of Frost too
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Beryl

The best ever funnies never to be beaten IMO Morecambe and Wise ;D
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

krennon

E.R., CSI (All of them) Only F&H, Friends.....and quite enjoying Rock n Chips....

Stuff I was bought up on so loved as a child Laurel and Hardy, The Two Ronnies, It Ain't Half Hot Mum, Dads Army, an old style music hall show that used to be on, on a Saturday night loads of different variety acts just can't remember the name of it circa 1974-6,
Citizen Smith (Power to the people), Porridge.....Blakes 7, The Sweeney, The Professionals (can't wait for the film), Doctor Who (remember Jon Pertwee onwards and liking Matt Smith very much)

Kids TV Grange Hill (of course Tucker was sooooooooo cool) as a real youngster Playschool (through the round window, little ted, big ted, jemima et al) Play Away (god bless Brian Cant) The Magic Roundabaout, Blue Peter (double sided sticky tape anyone), the littlest hobo (there's a voice that keeps on calling me down the road that's where I'll always be c'mon you know the song)
And seem to remember from 17:30 on BBC 2 On Thursdays circa 1981- 1984 approx (maybe later) was Monkey followed by Harold Lloyd (Hurrah for Harold Lloyd da da da da da Harold Lloyd da da da da da)

Music ToTP, The Tube, and most of the 80's music shows although listened to a lot of capital radio and radio 2 back then as well and now watch Jools Holland Live....and still listen to radio 2 (love Steve Wright in the afternoon)

To many to choose from though
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

CML-1591

Quote from: krennon on April 23, 2011, 10:29:01 PM
CSI (All of them)

Order:

NCIS
CSI
CSI: NY
CSI: MIAMI (lets face it half of um' can't act and well they make up technology and ways to catch people as it goes along, these people seem to have 100/100 vision or something)
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

picsfor

Scrubs, TOTP, Dr Who, just about anything with Natural History & Sr David in it. Oh and most Morecambe & Wise, Yes Minister and Porridge are always worth a watch, and i think i'm one of the oldest people to enjoy Misfits  :uglystupid2:

Loathe strongly any Soap, all forms of Reality TV and shopping channels...

hevans

Quote from: picsfor on April 26, 2011, 06:11:22 PM
Scrubs, TOTP, Dr Who, just about anything with Natural History & Sr David in it. Oh and most Morecambe & Wise, Yes Minister and Porridge are always worth a watch, and i think i'm one of the oldest people to enjoy Misfits  :uglystupid2:

Loathe strongly any Soap, all forms of Reality TV and shopping channels...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I would add The big bang theory,

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.