• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 45
  • Total: 45
  • Google
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Missing comp this week

Started by oggalily, June 03, 2015, 08:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oggalily

I haven't been around much lately but I caught wind of the kerfuffle a few weeks ago.  It looks like the upshot of losing a week's competition is that there is no comp running this week and this will continue to be the case every other week until we get a comp going on the alternate weeks.  I think.

If I am correct then we need to set up a comp for this week if we want to always have one running.  I'm happy to set the theme and will try to set something easy so we have the best shot at getting entries in a shortened week.

Please let me know if this has been discussed elsewhere - or if there is not appetite for another comp this week.  Otherwise I will set up a theme.

kerbside

Oggally, not sure what is happening on here at the moment, seems like only about 5 or so persons are ever involved with a weekly competition so wondering if a poll to find out what people want to do would be the way to go.
Personally I am on other sites as are other members so we still get involved elsewhere but it would be sad to see this go the way many other forums go, it is only members participating that keep these things going.

Forums will always have problems but with the age of the Internet people can read things the wrong way and take umbridge I think on any forum you sometimes need a thick skin and if you put something out there to be critiqued then don't expect everyone to give positive results.

I like entering the competitions so let's hope that they stay for the few of us that remain interested in them.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Hinfrance

I think that yours is a great idea Ogga - let's get the party (re) started.  8) :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Go ahead Ogga (spell checker wants you to be Olga), and breathe new life into the site.

I have not been participating fully (or not at all) with the competitions in the last year or so. Circumstances have changed and, on top of that, I have been trying to do an almost total refurbishment of my apartment. This just drags on and on, but looking back I have accomplished quite a lot already. New kitchen (dread it!), new flooring, blinds and bits and pieces of furniture still to follow, so I will be busy for some time to come.

My holiday now 'gets in the way' of progress, as I'm off to Holland next week, but I will keep an eye and enter if possible.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 04, 2015, 07:54:13 AM
I think that yours is a great idea Ogga - let's get the party (re) started.  8) :tup:

Second that  :beer: :tup: :beer:  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

oggalily

Done

http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=4375.msg51031;topicseen#new

Tried to pick an easy theme this week since there isn't as much time.  Thinking caps on everyone!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.