• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 89
  • Total: 89
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Who's who

Started by Sarasocke, September 26, 2009, 08:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarasocke

I know a few people prefer to remain anonymous, but I get confused when just using the nicks, and then suddenly a real name pops up. Also those who have changed their nicks from DCM to CC have got me really  :-\ I'm just not as young as I used to be  ::)

How about some hints as to who you are ?

Starting with me :

Sarasocke aka Carol, my DCM name was also Sarasocke as is my flickr nick. 57 years old, live near Frankfurt, Germany
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

greypoint

Most people know that I'm Sue - live in mid-Northants - am, cough cough, around the same age as Sarasocke - and have a reputation [totall unfounded ;)] of changing my camera/system whenever the fancy takes me ::)

anglefire

I'm anglefire - pretty much everywhere - though when I first used it I actually spelt it wrong - but its stuck. But Mark is my real name - and I always put it in my sig.

I'm in the Midlands - near Solihull. And am in my mid 40's, though still feel about 20odd most of the time. Or is it that I feel odd most of the time?
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

CML-1591

I'm CML-1591 was Craig-1591 i think on dcmag, from Coventry and 18

I'm CML \-__-/ on Flickr
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

bones615

I am Simon, Born in Norfolk settled in in Stowmarket Suffolk, 43, married with 2 teenage boys. My in-laws nick named me bones 20+ years ago because i was a skinny runt - bit different now!

hevans

I'm hevans (aka Hugh) just about everywhere...

Married, two kids, in my lower forties, live in the flatlands of Holland and do space/science stuff to pay the mortgage, etc.

Been using Nikons since I was 16 (they had the best lenses then, and, well, you get used to the ergonomics of the camera - the buttons and menus make sense to me).

H.

Carlj

Carlj, everywhere, so shouldn't upset anyone, should I?  :-\

40something, from Staffordshire.

jinky

I`m Paul and use jinky on various sites except flickr where there were already some jinkys so switched to jinkyjim - already 8 of those so became jinkyjim9 on there and caused lots of confusion. Loads of people reply to me on flickr calling me Jim, not unreasonably I suppose, and even worse call me that at the Leeds meets which are plentiful as we have a great Flickr Leeds collective. How many times have I had to explain I am Paul :D
I`m 54, married with 2 grown up kids of 19 and 24. Took a deal to leave work early last year when there were still good deals to be had and our 5th restructure in 6 years finally made me say "no more" and now do more photography than I ever could do before. Love it - though I have become a househusband too with much cooking and cleaning duties :legit:s in between the photography.

Alfonso_Frisk

I'm Tony
aka
alf
alfonso frisk
aka on flkr as
nosmo king
49yrs old
due to be made redundant in early 2010, though may get an extension so I get me pension at 50 next August
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

michaelb104

I'm michaelb104 everywhere on the net but in the real world commonly known as Mike (Michael when I'm in trouble), going to reach mid 40's early next year and come from a village near Newark Notts.

I use a Sony A350 with 18-70 kit lens and a Tamron 70-300 which came as part of the deal.

Mike.
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Graham

My names Sharon and I'm a .....Hang on wrong forum! :-[

I'm err, Graham, 50 but don't look or act it, I live in Derby, I'm am optical technician by trade (Look it up...I had to!).
       In the other place I was "Boots" mainly because when I joined they wanted a "User Name" and I assumed it was some sort of password. (The real Boots is a dog.).
                             Graham.  :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Sarasocke

Starting to put things together now  :)

Hugh - I almost ended up where you are (probably the same town) about 26 years ago. I'd been working on Spacelab in Bremen and moved down here. I got the chance of an interview in Holland when looking for a new job. Darmstadt would have been nearer  :D
I ended up selling brakes to Japanese car manufacturers in the UK instead. Oh well  :)
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

jimthetrain

I'm mostly known as Jim but my real name is Jon. ;) Use jimthetrain nearly everywhere due to being a train driver. ::)  I reside just outside Leyland in Lancashire. Am nearer 40 than I am 50 (just) and have 2 teenage lads and not forgetting the missus. :-*
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

Simple

I am simple and my name is Simon. On DCM I was simonboone.
Originally from Holland and came to the UK in 1986.
Married with one son who is a University student. Had enough of the ratrace and retired 3 years ago at 50.
I live in North Lincolnshire and recently started tutoring Digital photography in evening classes.

picsfor

My name is Andrew. On DCM i was Trainman because i'm also a Train Driver like Jim the Train.
The PR debacle put stop to that tag and as a result i put a stop to my membership of PR.

I'm originally from Ipswich in Suffolk (just down the road from Mick) but have lived in Southport, Guildford, Haywards Heath and now Brighton (well Southwick to be precise).
Have driven trains over most of England - the west country and the Cornish Peninsula being places i never quite made it to.
Spent 4 years in I.T. Support and whilst a really interesting job - it was very unsatisfying as most of the time we were the last to get given any money to do a decent job, until the governor saw a new toy they wanted even if we had no chance of making it work, or the customers were as impatient and stressed to hell (and most aggressively rude as well).

Most of my railway career is in print or on slide and i'm now very slowly converting them into a photo book as i've been very lucky to witness the changes from BR to PR (private rail that is) and also got to work with some real old steam boys with whom Abers could have earned a living out of - honestly 62 year old men rolling around on the mess room floor because one had cost another to lose 10p in a game of cards - you never forget those days.

Still photograph a lot of railway stuff even now but i am starting to expand. Enjoy meeting up with people from here at the "meets" - it has taught me loads about photography and forced me to challenge what i photograph.
It is easy to get in rut with your photography and stay within your comfort zone.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.