• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 241
  • Total: 241
  • Google
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Chat for weekly competition LOW LIGHT/ NIGHT 31st Aug to 06th sept 09

Started by Damon, August 29, 2009, 03:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damon

This weeks subject, LOW LIGHT/NIGHT

This can be any subject you choose but it must be taken in the evening when the sun has gone down or when it is dark.
The nights are pulling in now, you should`nt have to be out too late.

So charge them batteries, set a low ISO, pick up a tripod & dont forget to take your remote.
Good luck to everyone & watch out for the boogey man.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01 Monday 31st Aug to Sunday 06th sept 09.
Pictues to be posted to the entry thread by 23.59 pm Monday 07th sept 09.
The poll will be set up on Tuesday 08th September 09 and run untill Friday 11th. The Winner will be announced on Saturday 12th Sept.

NORMAL RULES APPLY  
Damon.

Oldboy

Hinfrance

Got a couple of issues with this one. Mainly, as a parent of a young child going out after dark for this household is an event as rare as rocking horse poo.

We live in the middle of the country, at the end of a track, so no coloured lights or passing traffic.

Lastly, I can't find the remote control anywhere - I think it might be in the washing machine somewhere . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Damon

You dont have to go to far, perhaps you could set something up in your back garden, Envolve the little ones,
You can be as creative as you like, remember the subject is open.
Damon.

SimonW

No, this isn't an entry, but I thought you'd like it. Some years ago it was the very first photo to be published in full colour in our society's newsletter - reporting on a meeting which was interrupted by a power failure!

Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Damon

I have one very similar to this, it`s titled " A Black cat In Coal Store "  :)
Damon.

Sarasocke

Unusual for me to be one of the first.

If I should come up with a better idea, I hope I'm allowed to change ...  ::)
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Oldboy

Quote from: Sarasocke on September 03, 2009, 08:53:19 PM

If I should come up with a better idea, I hope I'm allowed to change ...  ::)

You can change it as often as you like upto Monday 7th September at 23:59.  ;D

picsfor

Light Trails

Blimey - finally done it just be searching the posts and site instructions.
Have always struggled posting pictures in threads!

SimonW

Hi Andrew,

that's fine, but.... this is the "chat for" thread - there's a separate thread for the entries themselves so perhaps you should copy this post to that one. Good luck, I like the photo.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Damon

Quote from: picsfor on September 05, 2009, 12:26:24 PM
Light Trails

Blimey - finally done it just be searching the posts and site instructions.
Have always struggled posting pictures in threads!

That's the idea.... I have one very similar in mind but I'm not quite happy with what I've taken, so off out again tonight. Hopefully have something to post tomorrow.
Damon.

Damon

Ok folks, the time is up for taking your shots. You have untill midnight tonight to post your entries as the poll will be set there after.
Damon.

picsfor

Quote from: SimonW on September 05, 2009, 02:47:49 PM
Hi Andrew,

that's fine, but.... this is the "chat for" thread - there's a separate thread for the entries themselves so perhaps you should copy this post to that one. Good luck, I like the photo.

Thanks - i'm clearly getting confused as to which thread i'm posting in!
Hopefully i've got it right now!
On leave from work for the next 2 weeks so hope to have time to enter those competitions as well!

Colin

jinky

Oh dear I missed the deadline - never mind will have a go next week maybe.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.