• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 49
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 29
  • Total: 29
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Photo of the day or edit of the day

Started by oRGie, March 24, 2009, 10:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

irv_b

Nice set there Dave! Looks like you had a better day up there than I did for the whole week  ???
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

ABERS

I went to the Tate and came over all 'arty'. 8)

The Magic Carpet by abers, on Flickr

Graham

Oh I like that Alan...no, I realy like that!
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

Spent a few days in Suffolk last week, one from there.

Eastern Light by abers, on Flickr

Reinardina

Love your arty shot Alan; really different. Beautiful and, yes, arty.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

I like your 'Eastern Light' Alan. The forground reminds me of copper plate prints or wood cuts.

Thought I would paste my first edited shot in this thread. For me, the thin silk thread seemed to lean the image towards a poster of some kind, so after a little adjustment I added some text.

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

ABERS

Cheers Andy!

Your Autumn Colour entry got my vote. I don't usually cast a vote since I don't enter, but the quality of the light was really eye catching.

Not too sure you've done it any favours with the copy on it and I'm finding it difficult to make connection to PTSD?
:-\

loveclose

First attempt at this sort of edit.... :D
The meek shall inherit the earth - if that's ok with everyone else.....

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: ABERS on October 24, 2012, 03:38:15 PM
Cheers Andy!

Your Autumn Colour entry got my vote. I don't usually cast a vote since I don't enter, but the quality of the light was really eye catching.

Not too sure you've done it any favours with the copy on it and I'm finding it difficult to make connection to PTSD?
:-\

Thank you for your vote and remarks Alan.

Very difficult to find subject items directly relating to PTSD without photographing a poor sufferer or a depiction of a horror (which may appeal to some) - I felt the thin line drawn by Nature and the warning colour of the mushroom over its delicate body; may stop and make people think about the various aspects of PTSD, the causes in both military operation and 'civistreet' situations from cradle to grave, and how it can be reduced and overcome.

Choosing a mushroom with a bite out of it may pictorially also suggest the thought 'well you would not self harm yourself, would you?' again emphasising how we should perhaps treat other folk kindly.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

ABERS

As the title says, an excercise in tones, rectangles and figures.

Tones Rectangles and Figures by abers, on Flickr

ABERS

Looks like I'm first with a Rememberance Day picture. Couldn't resist the trumpeter in the cadet band at our local service!
If You're Good Enough, You're Big Enough!

Oldboy

Well done Abbers.  :tup:

I've got loads taken at Dartmouth Park, West Bromich.

Two Minutes Silence:

March Past:

Graham

Hi gang.
               More gigpicery I'm afraid.
               Took this the other night, was about to delete it as over-exposed, then noticed the rather disturbing shadow on the gentleman's chest! :o

ps Sorry about the copyright mark, it's a Flickr link.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.