• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 91
  • Total: 91
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Weekly Competition Chat thread - 26th Dec - 1st Jan 2012 Subject - Resolutions

Started by Oldboy, December 25, 2011, 10:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Chat Thread

This time of year we think of New Year Resolutions. So, what habits are you going to change for 2012. Illustrate this with a picture.

This week go out and shoot something that illustrates your resolution.

No PP restrictions.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 26th December 2011 to 23:59 Sunday  1st January 2012 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 2nd January 2012.
Poll will be up Tuesday 3rd January 2012.
Winner to be announced Saturday 7th January 2012.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Reinardina

Morning All!  Not sure I'll be able to enter this competition, as I don't 'do' new year's resolutions normally. Never have done really. All my resolutions are 'spur of the moment' things, that I have managed to keep. Or not. 

The times I decided, to finally give up smoking are myriad, and three times I succeeded for very long periods (up to years in some cases), but they were never new year's resolutions. The last time was on 5 March 1985, and I haven't looked back since. I believe, I have finally beaten the addiction; as I cannot see myself falling into the trap again. For starters, we could not afford it any more!

After every Christmas, there is, however, the guilty conscience about the amount of chocolate that I somehow managed to consume. I'll have to do something with that, before it all disappears!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

picsfor

OK, think this could be fun, i'm up London on Thursday with Eileen so i'm fairly sure i can get 1 or 2 really bad pics to use.

I'm assuming that 'out of focus'. 'camera shake' and other such image qualities are not allowed to represent 'a new year resolution to not take any bad pictures  ;)'

Oldboy

Quote from: picsfor on December 26, 2011, 11:16:28 AM
I'm assuming that 'out of focus'. 'camera shake' and other such image qualities are not allowed to represent 'a new year resolution to not take any bad pictures  ;)'

It's whatever you want it to be so, in theory that would be OK but, it mustn't look staged.  :tup:

Reinardina

The weather has been foul all day, so I haven't been out at all. Very unhealthy, as I decided to have a go at my resolution photo. And, in good old Jinky style, I ate most of the props.

Anyway, not very original, but the only thing I could think of, as I don't really do resolutions, and my brain is so overworked through all the sugar and fat intake, that I could not think of a fictitious resolution.

So I'm in with this one:

Ha Ha!

Mick: the spellchecker tells me Jinky should be Kinky! Maybe you can teach it some manners?

jinky

Quote from: Reinardina on December 29, 2011, 08:33:21 PM
The weather has been foul all day, so I haven't been out at all. Very unhealthy, as I decided to have a go at my resolution photo. And, in good old Jinky style, I ate most of the props.

Anyway, not very original, but the only thing I could think of, as I don't really do resolutions, and my brain is so overworked through all the sugar and fat intake, that I could not think of a fictitious resolution.

So I'm in with this one:

Ha Ha!

Mick: the spellchecker tells me Jinky should be Kinky! Maybe you can teach it some manners?

I`ll change my name if it is easier ;)

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on December 30, 2011, 08:15:59 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on December 29, 2011, 08:33:21 PM

So I'm in with this one:

Ha Ha!

I`ll change my name if it is easier ;)

No, no, no need. Mick is very good at training the checker. It did not accept my name either, when I first joined. Can't remember what it said I ought to be, but it wasn't as bad/funny as yours!

Don't think it would be wise for you to change your name, unless you want to go into Kinky Photography? ;)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.