• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 43
  • Total: 43
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CHAT - Weekly Comp - REPETITION - Monday 14th to Sunday 20th April 2014.

Started by kerbside, April 13, 2014, 06:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerbside

CHAT THREAD

This week's theme is Repetition.

Any interpretation of the theme will be accepted so long as your entry depicts an object, pattern or the like in a repeated fashion,the choice is yours.

No restrictions on Post Processing. I think this offers possibilities in all sorts of 'photo styles and does not restrict anyone wherever they are in the world.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 14th April 2014 to 23:59 Sunday 20th April 2014.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 21st April 2014.
Poll will be up Tuesday 22nd April 2014.
Winner to be announced Saturday 26th April. 2014.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Oldboy

DigiDiva

kerbside

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Now get on and take that repetitive picture and stop messing around.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

spikeyjen

We just had repetition for our club theme this month, it seems everywhere you look is something suitable. Shame I can't use some that I have....
Given it's Easter, maybe a line up of easter eggs...

Reinardina

Managed to take my camera for a walk today, and photographed a variety of repetitions. Too many really, to make a choice, but in the end I went for this one:

Repeated Flowers

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

Not had a chance to get out with the camera this hliday so far so in with this pic i took Monday evening.

This may change.

Architectural Repetition

Andrew

Had a trip to London on Good Friday and done my favourite walk along the Southbank, where repitition was in vast supply.

Buskers, Beggers, Street Vendors selling food, Pick Pockets, Tourists, Photographers - yep they were all present and as repetitive as ever in their usual South Bank on a Bank Holiday activities.
The only thing that I couldn't get a repeat of was the Tower Bridge being opened to let a Mississippi style paddle steamer through.
In fact, in the 51 years of my life, it is the first time I've ever seen it actually open in person as opposed to on TV or the cinema.

What I find interesting about the bridge being opened was the tourists were cheering. clapping and taking pictures whilst the Brits were whinging like anything about 'another bloody hold up'.
Me, I just quietly preteneded to be a tourist and stayed out of it.
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

kerbside

Just started raining here and Jan got some washing in and left the pegs, well it would be rude not to, They presented the picture for this weeks brief, bit more colour than my original entry, funny how these things happen

Pegs in Repetition

Hinfrance

and, no, I wasn't allowed any, because fruit and vegetables really repeat on me  :-[
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

michaelb104

It has been a while, my job has seemed to take over my life in the last few months but it being a long weekend how could I not have a go at the weekly comp!!

This is my entry from a quick trip to a very windy east cost yesterday.

Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Jediboy

I have not been out this week with the intention of getting a photo for this theme, but may have inadvertently got a couple that may fit the theme.
If they don't really fit, who has the overall say? Is it the person who posts the theme?? :-\
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Reinardina

Quote from: michaelb104 on April 21, 2014, 10:56:57 AM
It has been a while, my job has seemed to take over my life in the last few months but it being a long weekend how could I not have a go at the weekly comp!!

This is my entry from a quick trip to a very windy east cost yesterday.

Welcome back Mike. Good to see you again.

Quote from: Jediboy on April 21, 2014, 11:34:03 AM
I have not been out this week with the intention of getting a photo for this theme, but may have inadvertently got a couple that may fit the theme.
If they don't really fit, who has the overall say? Is it the person who posts the theme?? :-\

You are responsible for your entry, if it doesn't fit the theme, it is assumed people will not vote for it. Don't bank on this though.
Themes can often be interpreted in so many ways, that it almost always fits, somehow.
If you have a good shot, you can always do a 'Warhol,' and put four of the same in a frame.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

DigiDiva

I don't know about Warhol, but this is Wor Lass (Geordie dialect....) and my entry this week.

Repetitive Lines

My other entry idea was too similar to Michaelb104's, but of a fence rather than the ones on the beach who's name has slipped my mind (a something breaker, wave breaker, surf breaker, I dunno)

The Angel is like marmite, you either love her or hate her. I love her. Can't believe she only cost £1 million. Worth every penny of the lottery fund I say. She watches over Gateshead and brings flocks of visitors.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.