• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 227
  • Total: 227
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Salmon Shooting

Started by skellum, October 12, 2009, 08:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

I went salmon shooting ( with camera ) again this morning. Two other togs turned up and set their cameras on tripods near the waterfalls and used remotes so I did the same. I personally think I would of done better using my 70-200 handheld and sat back a bit, I will next time.
I spoke to a Water Baillif while there who told me the salmon jumping will go one for weeks to come ( Can you tell I'm not a fishermam ? ) so if any of you are near a Salmon river why not give it a go !

I added a few pictures, hope to get better next time.......... :legit:

jimthetrain

Number one stands out to me Dave. Nice and crisp. Number two is probably a little too far away and number three is a cracker but without the same impact as number one. How far up the Ribble did you go.??

You've added a fourth now i see. ::) Like you mentioned, maybe the 70-200 would be a better option next time but i suppose reacting to the fish and focussing at the same time could be a bit hit and miss then though.  :legit:
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

skellum

Stainforth near Settle again..........By the way that IDn on e.bay looked a bit rough so I didn't bother.....

magicrhodes

Wow, amazing pics... feeling hungry now though!

picsfor

I prefer three -

Would definitely use the long lens with a shallow dof because i think the crystal clear water is distracting from the main subject (the salmon).

That said, 1 and 3 are really good, 2 and 4 are too far away.

So Ribble in October for the Salmon Run! Could be a weekend meet next year, Blackpool Illuminations and the Salmon Run!!!

jimthetrain

Quote from: skellum ( Dave ) on October 12, 2009, 09:00:57 PM
Stainforth near Settle again..........By the way that IDn on e.bay looked a bit rough so I didn't bother.....

It went for £871 in the end.
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

skellum

Quote from: jimthetrain on October 13, 2009, 02:01:51 PM
Quote from: skellum ( Dave ) on October 12, 2009, 09:00:57 PM

It went for £871 in the end.

Did you look at the pictures ? it looked very battered. :legit:

alan1572

i watched this for the first time in Scotland in August

Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

skellum

Quote from: alan1572 on October 13, 2009, 08:05:37 PM
i watched this for the first time in Scotland in August

Did you take these Alan ? and which river ?  by the way I saw your name come up on a thread on " The Salmon Forum " when I was looking up information....

alan1572

i did take them dave, it was on the river Dee in Scotland, it was my 2nd ever salmon trip and managed to get my 1st and so far only salmon, it was a trip with www.salmonfishingforum .
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.