• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 26
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 16
  • Total: 16
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

Cleaning the windows....only for it to rain 5 minutes later....that's what annoyed me today  :knuppel2:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

donoreo

That it was a little too hot and sunny today.  Yes, everyone in the UK can hate me now :)

Oldboy

Quote from: donoreo on July 15, 2012, 02:20:01 AM
That it was a little too hot and sunny today.  Yes, everyone in the UK can hate me now :)

We do!!!!!  :'( :'(

skellum

Opened the shop this morning ( Sunday ) as I have some Family portraits to do, then realised I needed some fresh milk so I went to our local Tesco. With two pints of milk in hand I went to the checkout were two employees were chating away to each other. After waiting a few seconds I asked if I could be served and was told they could not serve me untill 11.00 am ( it was now 10.50 am ) and I would have to wait.
I asked why do you allow people into the store if you can't serve them. Apparently they open at 10.30 am on Sunday for browsing. So having seen enough of my two pints of milk I left it with them and went to a local corner shop.... :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

Markulous

Quote from: Dave on July 15, 2012, 11:48:38 AM
Opened the shop this morning ( Sunday ) as I have some Family portraits to do, then realised I needed some fresh milk so I went to our local Tesco. With two pints of milk in hand I went to the checkout were two employees were chating away to each other. After waiting a few seconds I asked if I could be served and was told they could not serve me untill 11.00 am ( it was now 10.50 am ) and I would have to wait.
I asked why do you allow people into the store if you can't serve them. Apparently they open at 10.30 am on Sunday for browsing. So having seen enough of my two pints of milk I left it with them and went to a local corner shop.... :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

Sunday Trading laws - shows when you last did a supermarket shop on a Sunday as they (the supermarkets) have done this for years (the opening 1/2 hr early thing). They also used to cover over/deny access to the booze sections (at about 4.00 IIRC) but that part's been relaxed

Maybe archaic laws but at least you can get a drink in Wales on a Sunday nowadays (Uni days it was dry!)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Oldboy

Markulous is right, they can only trade for six hours on Sunday, so if they served you they would have had to close at 16:50hrs.  :doh:

Mind you if it had been during the Olympic games, when the Sunday trading laws are relaxed, they could have served you no problem.  :uglystupid2:

skellum

Why open at all before 11.00 am if you can't serve people. No way was I going to stand there like a plank with the milk for 10 min waiting for 11.00 am. to arrive. The only advantage for anyone would be if they were doing a large shop which they started at  10.30 am and finished around 11.00 am.

Yet another reason why I think this country is going backwards.... >:(  But good news for the traditional corner shop

Graham

Quote from: Dave on July 15, 2012, 09:24:01 PM
Why open at all before 11.00 am if you can't serve people. No way was I going to stand there like a plank with the milk for 10 min waiting for 11.00 am. to arrive. The only advantage for anyone would be if they were doing a large shop which they started at  10.30 am and finished around 11.00 am.

Yet another reason why I think this country is going backwards.... >:(  But good news for the traditional corner shop

They assume you're going to take half an hour to fill your trolley...by which time the tills will be open.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

spinner

The heat and humidity, not to rub it in your faces given your cold rainy summer, but it's not quite 10 am here and it's already feeling like 90F outside. Tomorrow it's supposed to get up over 100F. I've tried to get some yard work done but had to retreat inside, the humidity just drains me.  :(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

ABERS

Quote from: Graham on July 16, 2012, 05:41:04 AM
Quote from: Dave on July 15, 2012, 09:24:01 PM

They assume you're going to take half an hour to fill your trolley...by which time the tills will be open.

Do they factor this time gap into their sell-by dates? :legit:

donoreo

Quote from: spinner on July 16, 2012, 02:49:03 PM
The heat and humidity, not to rub it in your faces given your cold rainy summer, but it's not quite 10 am here and it's already feeling like 90F outside. Tomorrow it's supposed to get up over 100F. I've tried to get some yard work done but had to retreat inside, the humidity just drains me.  :(
No kidding !  A high of 37c tomorrow and is supposed to have a humidex of well over 50c. Ack!   Our office is the worst for air con too. It is an ok temperature but the humidity is still really high so I still need a small fan on my desk. 

spinner

Not worry Don, I got this off the temp graph at the WeatherNetwork web site:

"Forecasted rain and snow amounts are the most likely if precipitation occurs. Higher amounts are possible in thunderstorms or snow squalls."

Maybe those threatened evening thunderstorms will turn into snow squalls instead.  :legit:
Ol' blue eyes

donoreo

Lol@snow squalls today.  I am going to play tennis tonight.  Crazy.

Sarasocke

The shops just don't open on Sundays here. It's only recently that the large supermarkets are open on Saturday afternoons and later than 6.30pm during the week. They were afraid the employees would lose quality time with their families.  ???
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

spinner

Wife put on a load of laundry yesterday morning at about 6:30 am and went to work. Daughter went down to put on another load at 11.
Washing machine was still running, still trying to fill the tub, which by now was full. Laundry room flooded, adjacent Rec room flooded.
Sub basement flooded. Carpet and subsequent room smells like dead fish, even the cat has retreated to the upper levels of the house.
The doors from the laundry room to the rec room are water damaged along the bottom. Based on what I've seen on the Net, the machine is knackered beyond my ability to fix and I can probably by a new one for about what parts and a repair man's time would cost.
Spent last night sucking as much water out of the carpet as I could with carpet cleaner machine. Going to soak it in deodorizer tonight and shampoo it tomorrow.  :'(
Ol' blue eyes

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.