• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 26
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 18
  • Total: 19
  • Mick
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Quote from: highlandscenics on June 30, 2012, 06:04:07 PM

3 times I tried to get said nut to fit onto the threaded part of the drive shaft, but to no avail.....I was even at the point of going to phone up the manufacturers to complain about them providing a faulty nut!.....Until I remembered, it is a reversed thread....to tighten you have to turn it anti-clockwise.....so that is what annoyed me, initially......quickly followed with embarrasment :uglystupid2: Hmmmmm, I feel better for sharing that now..oh and the nettles are no more.. :dance:

lol..  Yes they are L/H thread m8.  :D  You'll remember that when you screw the strimmer head back on.   ;)  :legit:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

donoreo

Quote from: Jonathan on June 30, 2012, 07:47:02 AM
Quote from: donoreo on June 29, 2012, 10:21:33 PM
I think the terastations can share through NFS and a Mac, being UNIX, can connect.  I know it is not straight forward but there are step by step instructions for  connecting OS X to NFS mounts.

Not possible on the particular Terastation I own :(

Buffalo have posted an official message on their forum saying "quit whining".  Which is a good clue as to which brand never to buy again.
some terastations are supported by alternate firmware.   I have two dLink DNS323s and one I have the Alt-F firmware on it.  I know it supports some Buffalo models. 

Matthew

Quote from: admin on June 30, 2012, 06:13:16 PM

lol..  Yes they are L/H thread m8.  :D  You'll remember that when you screw the strimmer head back on.   ;)  :legit:

Haha true......although, you'd think since I had to unscrew the strimmer head clockwise to remove it, I'd have twigged that fact......alas, years of drinking Stella have taking it's toll on the reasoning part of my brain  :beer:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

spinner

Quote from: donoreo on June 29, 2012, 11:58:57 AM
Quote from: spinner on June 28, 2012, 11:57:46 PM
Quote from: donoreo on June 28, 2012, 09:11:44 PM
Since MS has been trying phase out netbios for years you may be out of luck.  If someone  had the source code they could compile a 64 bit version.  Not sure what you can do.  A quick google shows this is happening a lot.

Yes and the complaints have been around a long time, yet nothing's been done to fix it. Reminds me now why after upgrading to Lion on my Mac I switched back to Snow Leopard, because Apple's been monkeying around with SMB and it doesn't work properly either.
Apple switched from using Samba for their SMB to something they created themselves.  I have not had a problem with it myself.

I tried everything, including upgrading Samba from it's repository site, no luck. I even tried afp because I was just looking to connect and move files back and forth. Gave up. I'm hoping Mountain Lion has fixes. In the meantime Snow leopard stays put. I'm just glad I installed Lion on a fresh drive and didn't disturb my SL set up. 
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

The weather men announced that June has been the Dullest, Wetest and coldest for 100 years. After the rubbish April and May one wonders if we are going to see any sun at all this year! The first three days of July have been wet and dull with well below average temperatures and they also said no change during the next two weeks!  :'( :'(

From the Met Office!  :'(

Provisional Met Office figures for June show double the average amount of rain has fallen, making it the wettest June since records began in 1910.

This is the second record breaking month of rainfall this year, with April also topping the rankings. The period from April to June is also the wettest recorded for the UK.

It is also the second dullest June on record with just 119.2 hours of sunshine, narrowly missing out on the record of 115.4 hours set in 1987. To complete the disappointing picture, it has also been the coolest June since 1991 with a mean temperature of 12.3 °C.

Unsettled weather has never been far from the UK during the past three months, with only the latter half of May seeing a spell of prolonged fine weather.

Movements in the track of the jet stream, a narrow band of fast flowing westerly winds high in the atmosphere, have contributed to the weather we have seen.

This June has seen periods of heavy and prolonged rain, as well as short but exceptionally heavy showers.

The total UK rainfall was 145.3 mm - exactly twice as much as you would normally expect compared to the 1971-2000 average. This beats the previous record of 136.2 mm set in 2007.

michaelb104

Quote from: Oldboy on July 03, 2012, 09:42:54 PM
The weather men announced that June has been the Dullest, Wetest and coldest for 100 years. After the rubbish April and May one wonders if we are going to see any sun at all this year! The first three days of July have been wet and dull with well below average temperatures and they also said no change during the next two weeks!  :'( :'(

Provisional Met Office figures for June show double the average amount of rain has fallen, making it the wettest June since records began in 1910.

This is the second record breaking month of rainfall this year, with April also topping the rankings. The period from April to June is also the wettest recorded for the UK.

It is also the second dullest June on record with just 119.2 hours of sunshine, narrowly missing out on the record of 115.4 hours set in 1987. To complete the disappointing picture, it has also been the coolest June since 1991 with a mean temperature of 12.3 °C.

Unsettled weather has never been far from the UK during the past three months, with only the latter half of May seeing a spell of prolonged fine weather.

Movements in the track of the jet stream, a narrow band of fast flowing westerly winds high in the atmosphere, have contributed to the weather we have seen.

This June has seen periods of heavy and prolonged rain, as well as short but exceptionally heavy showers.

The total UK rainfall was 145.3 mm - exactly twice as much as you would normally expect compared to the 1971-2000 average. This beats the previous record of 136.2 mm set in 2007.

Look on the bright side OB at least you can use your hosepipe  ;)
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Oldboy

Quote from: michaelb104 on July 03, 2012, 10:02:03 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on July 03, 2012, 09:42:54 PM

Look on the bright side OB at least you can use your hosepipe  ;)

What's the point of using a hosepipe - the garden's flooded.  :uglystupid2:

donoreo

This was Monday.   The time: 23:00.  The Place: Home.   The problem: the house is 30C inside.  The Cause: the air conditioner died over the weekend.   I was lucky enough to get someone to come look at it the next day.  They confirmed that the compressor had blown (the oil spread all over clued me into that as well).   We are heaving a heat wave this week (high tomorrow is supposed to be 35C) so I needed quick action.  I called around based on the quote the repair guys gave me and found a better deal on a higher end model and it could be installed the next day.  That was yesterday and things are cool today.  The new one is more efficient than the old, uses less electricity and gets me a $400 rebate for the efficiency rating.  I made a cash deal and paid no tax (13% saving!). 

Oldboy

Quote from: donoreo on July 05, 2012, 04:42:05 PM
This was Monday.   The time: 23:00.  The Place: Home.   The problem: the house is 30C inside.  The Cause: the air conditioner died over the weekend.   I was lucky enough to get someone to come look at it the next day.  They confirmed that the compressor had blown (the oil spread all over clued me into that as well).   We are heaving a heat wave this week (high tomorrow is supposed to be 35C) so I needed quick action.  I called around based on the quote the repair guys gave me and found a better deal on a higher end model and it could be installed the next day.  That was yesterday and things are cool today.  The new one is more efficient than the old, uses less electricity and gets me a $400 rebate for the efficiency rating.  I made a cash deal and paid no tax (13% saving!).

Cool, very very cool.  8) 8)

ABERS

I made a cash deal and paid no tax (13% saving!).

Is thing 'Tax Avoidance' or 'Tax Evasion' ?  :-\

donoreo

Quote from: ABERS on July 05, 2012, 07:07:09 PM
  I made a cash deal and paid no tax (13% saving!).

Is thing 'Tax Avoidance' or 'Tax Evasion' ?  :-\
This would be avoidance since tax is not included in prices here and varies province by province.   

Hinfrance

It's tax evasion Alan. Tax avoidance is completely legally using the over complicated tax system to manage your affairs to pay less, like Mr Carr did. And frankly if you can, you'd be a fool not to. Although HM's government has a nasty habit of changing it's mind retrospectively about what's OK and what isn't - keeps accountants in a job.

Evasion is cash in hand, non declaration of income, concealing assets, selling assets at an undervalue, that kind of thing . . . and is a criminal offence in most jurisdictions.

But then you already knew that :)

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

The 'Black Market' has always been alive and well here. Cash transactions amongst trades people, equals no tax. Since I am not fond of the way gov't wastes tax dollars I consider it Civil Disobedience/Monetary Protest. It's easier than slogging through the streets waving signs. High Fallutin' I know but better than going Postal.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

ABERS

Yes I knew that but let's take a hypothetical situation.

Mr Plumber quotes me for a job fitting a new boiler, £3000 parts and labour, cash £2400. I agree to the latter quote knowing of course £2400 is devoid of VAT, but Mr Plumber has told me he prefers cash since he has a large overdraft and most of the £2400 would be used by his bank to redeem some of it. I of course accept why he wants cash.

Who is the wrongdoer, Mr Plumber, me or both of us?

P.S. By the way the plumber is registered for VAT, show me a plumber who isn't >:(

Hinfrance

Answer is simple Alan, both of you.

You for avoiding paying VAT due and for conspiracy to defraud the bank
Plumber for not collecting VAT and conspiracy to defraud the bank

Of course, you'll have to pay him in advance, otherwise he won't be able to pay cash for the parts and then he'd be fraudulently reclaiming a VAT input as well.

I'm sure you'll get away with it though ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.