• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 43
  • Total: 43
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Field Trip?

Started by David Blandford, August 01, 2017, 10:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Blandford

Would there be any interest in a social photo shoot in Southampton? I thinking we could meet up have a walk around the Old walls etc and then go for a drink and chat.  I appreciate this will only be of interest to people that are local but feel it is worth asking the question.    :legit:
still trying to paint with light!!

Reinardina

It's on my home turf, but I seem to have lost almost all interest in photography.

Just back from a lovely and swelteringly hot Vienna, where I enjoyed several days in town without the camera. So much more relaxing!

Would the old walls manage to rekindle my enthusiasm? If I were the only other participant, I would definitely spoil the fun. Are there more takers, so I can hide in a group?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

StephenBatey

I'm only an hour or so away so depending on commitments, timing etc. I could be interested. BUT - I do prefer to use large format film, and that's probably not very sociable as I can take up to half an hour before deciding that I wouldn't be fully satisfied with the result and move on to the next scene.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Reinardina

I haven't watched a photographer use a large format camera for decades, and would be fascinated. Would make me feel even more of an amateur though, as I 'crashed' my four thirds camera, and had to fall back on my old Sony bridge.

There is a grave risk, I would be more interested in photographing a photographer at work, than the Walls. I suppose this might be rather a distraction, and possibly too intruding.

StephenBatey

It's only a distraction and intrusion to me if you come under the dark cloth with me to photograph the ground glass  ;D

I normally carry an exposed sheet of film so I can explain to those who ask about the camera - it's a normal occurence.

Large format cameras are arguably the easiest cameras to use, as everything is obvious and direct.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Reinardina

Quote from: StephenBatey on August 04, 2017, 06:17:31 PM
It's only a distraction and intrusion to me if you come under the dark cloth with me to photograph the ground glass  ;D

I normally carry an exposed sheet of film so I can explain to those who ask about the camera - it's a normal occurence.

Large format cameras are arguably the easiest cameras to use, as everything is obvious and direct.

I'm old fashioned, and never go under a dark cloth with someone I have just met! (And I would not want want to frighten you to death.)

StephenBatey

Quote from: Reinardina on August 04, 2017, 06:38:03 PM

I'm old fashioned, and never go under a dark cloth with someone I have just met!

;D

David Blandford

If we ever organise a trip I am guessing that a photographer using a large format camera could feature in a lot of shots!!! :doh:

Reinardina

Quote from: David Blandford on August 07, 2017, 02:32:55 PM
If we ever organise a trip I am guessing that a photographer using a large format camera could feature in a lot of shots!!! :doh:

Definitely in mine!

As you started the topic, it is over to you to organise it. With this select trio, of one photographer photographing medieval walls, and two photographing a man hidden under a dark cloth. Might be very interesting.

Or you can wait, to see if other people want to join in the fun.

kerbside

Depending what date this is set for and again depending on price i may jump on a train from Bristol for the day, will have to wait and see what is planned.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

David Blandford

Ok, I work out some dates, I guess a weekend would suit most people best ?

kerbside

Retired so weekdays are fine.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

David Blandford

Quote from: kerbside on August 08, 2017, 08:23:38 PM
I need to check my shifts at work , and speak to my wife and ask about a pass for the day !   :legit:

She's an angel really and may even tag along with her camera. :tup:

Reinardina

Quote from: kerbside on August 08, 2017, 05:26:36 PM
Depending what date this is set for and again depending on price i may jump on a train from Bristol for the day, will have to wait and see what is planned.

Would be nice if you could come Jeff. I don't travel by train often, but I have paid top dollar to get to Sheffield, but also managed to get a £15, or was it £5?, return ticket to the Home Counties. Probably a question of luck. Or knowing your way around websites, which I don't, as I do not travel by train much. I often prefer National Express, but that may mean a very early start!

Weekdays are fine by me too.

Quote from: David Blandford on August 08, 2017, 09:07:21 PM
Quote from: kerbside on August 08, 2017, 08:23:38 PM
I need to check my shifts at work , and speak to my wife and ask about a pass for the day !   :legit:

She's an angel really and may even tag along with her camera. :tup:

You have to ask your wife for a pass for the day?????   ;D

kerbside

With the trains Reinardina, the further away it is date wise from the day you book the cheaper it tends to be, Jan is paying £21.95 return in September as it is booked now (on a Saturday), cheaper than driving and then trying to park.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.