• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 88
  • Total: 88
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

IOTW 8th September 2014

Started by Beaux Reflets, September 08, 2014, 09:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

Congratulations Graham, on your image being selected for IOTW as chosen by last weeks winner DigiDiva aka Chris.

Image is now live on front page, or you can view the image in the gallery should you wish to make a comment etc.

More information on IOTW works can be found here   How IOTW works
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

A very good choice Chris. Congratulations Graham.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Quote from: Reinardina on September 08, 2014, 10:29:51 AM
A very good choice Chris. Congratulations Graham.

Couldn't agree more!

Whilst it is sometimes puzzling how and why images are chosen, but that's the prerogative of the chooser, it would be good  to hear why it was chosen. Not just because you liked it , but what you liked about it.

Much easier than saying why you didn't like something.

Karen

I suggested this before that whoever chose it gave reasons but it wasnt favoured

Reinardina

I suppose the chooser will tell Andy why he/she went for a certain image? At least I always did.
Maybe Andy can publish the reasons?

You could start here Karen, and tell us why you chose Chris' still life.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Reinardina on September 08, 2014, 11:32:57 AM
I suppose the chooser will tell Andy why he/she went for a certain image? At least I always did.

Quite often they do Reinardina. However, awhile ago I came to a decision that I am not prepared to publish what others communicate via email or PM. In the same way that I would not publish the content of a hand signed letter without due consideration and permission from the Author.

Confidential aspects can be tricky at the best of times, so it is very much a personal choice not to, say, write or imply other's opinion in the Public arena of the Internet.  :tup:

If I forget to pop a IOTW thread in, the chooser can always add their reasons for choice in the comment area on the images Gallery page  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on September 08, 2014, 01:22:23 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on September 08, 2014, 11:32:57 AM

Quite often they do Reinardina. However, awhile ago I came to a decision that I am not prepared to publish what others communicate via email or PM. In the same way that I would not publish the content of a hand signed letter without due consideration and permission from the Author.

Confidential aspects can be tricky at the best of times, so it is very much a personal choice not to, say, write or imply other's opinion in the Public arena of the Internet.  :tup:

If I forget to pop a IOTW thread in, the chooser can always add their reasons for choice in the comment area on the images Gallery page  :tup:

In general, I totally agree with you. In this case I'm not sure, unless the reason would be 'that there's nothing better on offer.' But it's your decision of course.
Let's hope people will remember to give their reasons in the IOTW thread in future, or give you permission to quote them.

Chris hasn't commented on Graham's image, so the choice came out of the blue.

DigiDiva

Happy to share my reasons for picking this image. The use of D of F really made the image special. Its original, I have never seen an image like this one and the way the image is focused on the eye really draws you in.  It made me imagine what genre of music was being played, its he a solo artist, part of a band. I began to make up a little story about a struggling artist having his 1st break......enuff said!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Graham

Thanks to everyone for the comments and to Chris for selecting it.
  Chris I'm really pleased that it invoked a little story in your head, that's about all any photographer could hope for. (Even if you were completely wrong!  :) )
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

DigiDiva

Whats the tue story? He looks a little like Harry Styles
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

It frees up creativity, if you can make up your own story.

Graham

Quote from: DigiDiva on September 10, 2014, 07:43:59 AM
Whats the tue story? He looks a little like Harry Styles

His name's Tom Finigan and he's in a predominantly French band, he plays all sorts of strange stringed instruments.
   Here's a Youtube link to them recording for Tom Robinson's 6 Music show.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT0IxcFS0GA
   He's the bloke on the bazouki thing at the start.

WARNING. It's a bit finger in the ear folky but give it a chance.  :)

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Karen

Why doesnt the person who chose it just say why under the image on a monday

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.