• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 286
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 296
  • Total: 296
  • Google
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Chat thread for "Film Noir". Weekly Competition 8th November - 14th November

Started by Delamanda, November 08, 2010, 06:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delamanda

This is the chat thread for  " Film Noir".  I really like these moody film noir type shots and always wanted to try one, so what better way than to make it the comp theme?

"Film noir is a cinematic term used primarily to describe stylish Hollywood crime dramas, particularly those that emphasize cynical attitudes and sexual motivations. Hollywood's classic film noir period is generally regarded as stretching from the early 1940s to the late 1950s. Film noir of this era is associated with a low-key black-and-white visual style that has roots in German Expressionist cinematography. Many of the prototypical stories and much of the attitude of classic noir derive from the hardboiled school of crime fiction that emerged in the United States during the Depression."  (Definition nicked from Wikipedia)

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 8th Novmber to Sunday 14th November.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 15th November
Poll will be up Tuesday 16th November  until Friday 19th November
Winner to be announced Saturday 20th November

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
create an entries thread

Just Dave

He he nice choice Del, urm will my camera fire a shot with the lens cap on  :2funny:
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

And now with real hat on . .

I didn't think anyone was going to play  :'(

So I made half an hour this morning with a hat and a toy gun :)

Hot work running up and down stairs to check the shot after every go - finally got one I liked.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Delamanda

Graham

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

Quote from: Graham on November 14, 2010, 03:50:04 PM
Quote from: Delamanda on November 14, 2010, 03:19:42 PM
Howard - you look just like a young Orson Wells!
More like Orson Cart!   :2funny:  :uglystupid2: :legit:

You might need to ask the Charm School for your money back  8)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Graham

Quote from: Tringle WP on November 14, 2010, 05:30:34 PM
Quote from: Graham on November 14, 2010, 03:50:04 PM
Quote from: Delamanda on November 14, 2010, 03:19:42 PM
Howard - you look just like a young Orson Wells!
More like Orson Cart!   :2funny:  :uglystupid2: :legit:

You might need to ask the Charm School for your money back  8)
I decided a couple of years ago to grow old disgracefuly!
        I will say though, with your entry, you have set the bar rather high.
                          Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

Won`t have time to process it and post until tomorrow but wonder whether to bother now I`ve seen H`s is  in a similar vein. Ah well - always wanted to try a film noir look anyway and got to wear my new coat and get an audience in the dark at my front porch.

irv_b

femme fatale

I managed to persuade Rose to act the part for this shot and she is quite pleased as to how it came out and is now prepared to do a bit of modelling for me, so thanks Del' for picking this subject :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

jinky

Played out by my front porch last night and everything that could go wrong did. batteries down after a shoot in the day and didn`t want to leave the gear out in the dark whilst getting the other so ended up doing this with just the porch light and an Sb800 snooted front of me.

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

jinky

Trouble was that hat is light so needed a bit of burning and messed up my lights. Also realised afterwards I`d left my iso up at 1600 after another shoot. Every now and then I amaze myself at how stupid I can be but reckon the extra grain must help a bit. Could have done without that porch light with the looks/ comments I got from passers by  :)

Just Dave

my sister died on the 10th, funeral on last weds, she loved robins, so that shots for linda

had same illness as me COPD and Raynaud's she was 50yrs, and been bed bound for the last 6yrs, it was a good send off, church was packed standing only thats why Ive not been on this week, so no togging

So thanks to Del for sorting the next challenge out

Robin Birkacre Yarrow Valley Chorley Lancashire by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

jinky

Condolences to you and your family Dave. No age to lose someone. Lovely shot in her memory  ;)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.