• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 142
  • Total: 142
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Facebook Warning

Started by Oldboy, March 30, 2011, 02:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Just had a email from Facebook Office about changing my password. It's a scam:o

How do I know this, well I don't have a Facebook password, in fact I have never been on there ever.  :uglystupid2:

michaelb104

I've had the same email, I've never had a face page account either!!

I'm also receiving emails from UPS saying that a parcel will arrive at my home in 3 days, view attachment to see the details, I'm not going to open the ZIP file to see if it's a scam  :uglystupid2:
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Hinfrance

Quote from: michaelb104 on March 30, 2011, 05:09:13 PM
I've had the same email, I've never had a face page account either!!

I'm also receiving emails from UPS saying that a parcel will arrive at my home in 3 days, view attachment to see the details, I'm not going to open the ZIP file to see if it's a scam  :uglystupid2:

I've had the UPS one, although I am clearly not worthy as I haven't had the Farcebook one yet. I did get a few through the spam filter this morning about drugs not being the answer to everything, but they sure make the world seem like a better place. Like I didn't know that, downing my 2nd glass of St Emillion of the day . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beryl

I had an e-mail about my HSBC account
This is how it read

Dear Customer,

Your HSBC account access has been limited.

To regain full access, please complete the attached form.

Please do not reply to this message.

For any inquiries, contact Customer Service.     

HSBC 2011

Unquote

I have never had an HSBC account

A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

anglefire

I'm sure I've had the HSBC one - and funnily enough, just had a Natwest one!

Not got accounts with either bank!

Actually some time ago, I had a phone call from a credit card company that I did have an account with. He then asked me various things, and I asked him how I knew he was genuine.

He replied that I didn't, but he would ring off and asked me to ring the number on the back of my card. Which I did and it was genuine.  :tup:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Beryl

That then sounds like a come-on call
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on March 30, 2011, 10:19:30 PM
I'm sure I've had the HSBC one - and funnily enough, just had a Natwest one!

Not got accounts with either bank!

Actually some time ago, I had a phone call from a credit card company that I did have an account with. He then asked me various things, and I asked him how I knew he was genuine.

He replied that I didn't, but he would ring off and asked me to ring the number on the back of my card. Which I did and it was genuine.  :tup:

So, banks/credit card companies aren't making enough money as it is, they get you to phone them back and pay for the sales call to you!  :uglystupid2:

CML-1591

Funny, I have a HSBC account and a Facebook one and don't get either....
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

anglefire

It wasn't a sales call - it was to do with my account - forget now exactly what it was - but it wasn't something I wanted to discuss with a cold caller.

So, no it wasn't a come on call.
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Quote from: CML-1591 on March 30, 2011, 11:26:41 PM

I get about 60-100 spam emails a day - my email address is unfortunately all over the internet on various websites for lots of reasons, mostly due to being involved in organising motor rallies.

My kids have their own email addresses (Separate domain name) and only go on supposedly Kids sites - and I've noticed one or two spam mails are coming to them now. Neither are on chat rooms or facebook.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: CML-1591 on March 30, 2011, 11:26:41 PM

You will now!  :spam: :hehe:

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on March 31, 2011, 12:10:21 AM
I get about 60-100 spam emails a day - my email address is unfortunately all over the internet on various websites for lots of reasons, mostly due to being involved in organising motor rallies.

I'm unlucky if I get two a month.  :tup:

Simple

My lovely better half, decided to hand out my e-mail address by filling in as many competitions as she could find.
:( I now have sometimes over a hundred spams a day. Luckily 85% is filtered out.

Hinfrance

I am sitting here running through Major Geeks' procedure for removing malware from my neighbour's lap top. He got hit by a cross script attack that has installed a rather nasty piece of malware which has locked up just about the whole machine via his McAfee AV and is demanding $100 to release it. Got 4 more malware removers to go . . .

Funny I was only reading the other day what a crock McAfee is . . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.