• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 41
  • Total: 41
  • Baidu
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

POLL for MASCULINITY

Started by Simple, October 25, 2016, 09:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please vote for you favourite Masculinity picture

Chain Male

3 (27.3%)
Mans Gentle Side

3 (27.3%)
Pumping Lard

4 (36.4%)
Lucky7

1 (9.1%)
Sportscar

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: October 29, 2016, 09:20:57 AM

Hinfrance

OK, I admit it, I voted for the puppy. I suppose my parameters for masculine are somewhat wider than the consensus. And he has got a beard (the man, not the puppy).
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Simple

Isn't photography great?? I love listening, looking and above all, learning from all the different approaches and ideas that come up and sometimes challenges your own believes.

Reinardina

Yes, a beard is widely considered masculine, but can be prickly, so is not on the soft side.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

I like this kind of chat. I know people were always wary of doing peer critiques of images but  I`d like to see why people vote as they do (after the poll has been declared) out of interest. I know a secret vote is cherished and in the case of politics and serious stuff is to be valued but don`t see an issue in sharing why we went for one picture over another after the event.

Beaux Reflets

Like Howard I voted for the puppy shot.

Even though the shadows cast by the lighting would normally have put me off, I liked the Caring angle portraid in the shot; Perhaps the strength in the modern day Masculine aspect (overriding the aged Stiff upperlip syndrome that used to dominate attitudes) appealed more than fancy cars and trim muscle.  ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

This time, it was very clear cut for me. Often it isn't, and then it becomes much more difficult to choose.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

I voted for Reinardnia's shot.  :tup:

DigiDiva

Great to hear so many views. Itys an interesting debate. Wayne, my daughter's partner, is a very male male, covered in lots of huge tattoos. But they got this pup last week (he's called Banksy) and its brought out a very different, gentler side to him. In modern day masculinity, I think softness and caring being shown is a tender, lovely thing. Men shouldn't be afraid to cry, or show they care. My hubby NEVER shows his emotions or softer side so seeing Wayne, like this, moved me, it really did.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.