• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 62
  • Total: 62
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Vote for ME!!!

Started by Jonathan, November 02, 2010, 12:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

I can't tell you how much I hate those cringey forum posts where people try to get votes for themselves in pointless awards things.  And of course I'd never stoop so low.  But this one's going to be on the telly!  My mum would be so proud....

http://www.weddingideasmag.com/awards-2011-voting.html

(Um, I'm under "wedding photographers" and it's WeddingsByRyan - ta ever so).

If you like I can make recommendations for the other categories (mainly people I've sold my vote to...  :2funny:)
It's Guest's round

Oldboy

I would but can't because I'm not a bride or ever will be.  :o  :2funny: :2funny:

Jonathan

Quote from: Oldboy on November 02, 2010, 03:48:48 PM
I would but can't because I'm not a bride or ever will be.  :o  :2funny: :2funny:

1. You don't need to be
2. They don't check
It's Guest's round

rksmith51

I've been an gone an dun it, but I had to cast a dozen random votes for other categories to complete it, best of luck Jonathan.
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Graham

Good to see your prepared to stoop as low as the next man! "Mum would be so proud" my arse! :2funny:
                  Vote cast.  Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

irv_b

Quote from: Graham on November 02, 2010, 07:06:47 PM
  Good to see your prepared to stoop as low as the next man! "Mum would be so proud" my arse! :2funny:

;D ;D ;D
Voted too!
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

jinky

Got mine too - just for your mum  :D

Delamanda

Even if you hadn't posted this thread and in the unlikely event that I had stumbled across this, I would have still voted for you, because apart from John Lewis and Moss Bros, it was the only sensible name there - Dixy chics, supersize me wedding frocks, glitter and twitter ... what an amazing insight into the wedding industry.  This has only reinforced my decision not to ever, ever, ever tie the knot!!  :)  Good luck, hope you win!

Sandy

Good luck I have added my vote

Sandy

Eileen

I've voted for you also. Let us know how you get on.  :)

anglefire

Quote from: Delamanda on November 03, 2010, 11:12:38 AM
... what an amazing insight into the wedding industry.  This has only reinforced my decision not to ever, ever, ever tie the knot!!  :)  Good luck, hope you win!

I tied the not before all this malarky came about- our photographer, did do the pre-wedding bit at SWMBO's house as she got dressed up - but not the evening - and all done on a MF film body - about 120 shots total - still cost over £800 - 16years ago - He is actually a industrial photographer that did weddings on the side :) Still going I think.

I've just voted - what an absolute farce - how can anyone actually truthfully answer ALL those questions?
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jonathan

Thank you all!

@Angelfire - yeah it's a pretty odd way of voting.  I know a fair bit about the "industry" and honestly I only have an opinion on about 75% of the categories.
It's Guest's round

ABERS

Noticed the following :

Welcome to the Wedding Ideas Awards 2011! This is your chance to vote for your favourite wedding companies – the only awards where you, the real brides-to-be of Britain, decide the winners!

Do you think they'll notice that some of those here that voted are of the male persuasion? :o

Or is there a special section for transvestites? 'We are Ladies You Know!'

Looks like a good candidate for 'Publication of the Week' on Have I Got News for You.

Jonathan

Weddings are incredibly sexist.  At a wedding fair it's common practise only to count brides.

I've never actually been to a wedding fair as a punter but I did try to buy a food processor in John Lewis with my wife.  After 10 minutes of the salesperson talking only to her we drifted away and I said "now I know how you feel when we go to a car showroom....".

Editor of WiMagazine has said that everybody is welcome to vote.
It's Guest's round

Bigbill

Hewwo from Windy Sheffy

Done JR and it was a pleasure,,,,looking at your site its only right if you scoop the award.

Shine On

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.