• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 193
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 44
  • Total: 44
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Pink Nikon anyone

Started by irv_b, April 02, 2010, 10:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irv_b

My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Graham

Well. What else have you got to do this weekend?...I'll see you in the shed!
          Looks like an audition tape for a Top Gear presenters job.
                            Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Sandy

Interesting to watch, however I will not be having a go with my camera

Thanks

Sandy

chris@seary.com

Am I the only person who thinks coloured cameras are well cool? I'd defibitely pay more to have one (but not the pink), and I think the Pentax idea will totally catch on.

No different to all the other types who wear the latest camera as a badge.

anglefire

My 350D was the silver (Jessops  only) one. Can't say I really liked the colour, and wouldn't pay for a different colour.

I see my camera as a tool and not a fashion statement. Well cool? Nah.

But as for the Pentax idea catching on, then probably it will, but only for those that think colour is relevant.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

spinner

LOL, all these comments have reminded me of a workmate. His wife bought him a Sony Coolpix because if was a good deal for the money. Only it's bright red so he refuses to use it.  ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

chris@seary.com

I think this may ne an interesting discussion.

People are buying the iPad in the US right now, loads of money for a second rate tool that looks cool. Loads of people buy the top of the range Canikon and leave it on Program.

I'll certainly buy a camera that looks right. Ever since Contax got one of the Porsche designers to create the shape of the RTS back in the seventies, we've moved towards using kit that looks cool.

And what about the IXUS? Total cool lines, and a style that has lasted years.

How about cars? I'd sday they're pretty functional (for me, at least). But I'll still choose the colour.

ABERS

What is cool?

People who need to look 'cool' as you call it are surely by definition not cool, since they feel the need to bolster their image by buying so called  'cool' accoutrement's. The attitude is "If that is considered cool then I must have one so I am considered cool."

I remember reading a comment on a camera that had been recently introduced where it said it looked like something designed in the '70's and for that reason they would not use it. Poor sad sod. :(

chris@seary.com

Perhaps cool is the wrong word. Looking good - well, there's nothing wrong with that! I'd say many of our purcahses, especially cameras, are made based partly on looks. As I said, the iPad. Totally pointless, but looks and feels great:

The ipad perfectly fits the gap between full sized laptop and phone. The thing is, I call that gap free time and I use it to get on with my life.
http://www.stuartgleave.com/blog/?p=515

All the guys out there - tell me that you don't buy your car based partly on looks. I can say I honestly don't - I'm totally functional when it comes to sepnding thousands of pounds on something to get me from A to B.

Hinfrance

Yeah, any car. Just as long as it's pink.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

I find it funny that you mention Porsche designing a camera (Or at a part of), implying that its "Cool" then say you have no interest in the design of a car!

I've just bought another car - its a Land Rover Discovery 2.7TDI Se - and yes I've bought it for many reason's, not least of which is that I think it looks good. But the prime reason is that it has 7 full sized forward facing seats and it can go anyware. Yes other cars do the same thing (well except perhaps going anyway!)

And that is much like cameras I guess.

As for the Ipad. How do you know it is useless? I doubt you've tried one, so it is based purely on other peoples views and looking at the specs. Now. I don't say that I don't agree with you, but I said that about the Iphone, but I have now got one and it is a fantastic too. But each to its own.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Graham

The concept of cool?
              It's a bit like the difference between Fashion and Style.

Style is something you either have or you don't! It's in the way you carry yourself, the way you walk etc. It's nothing to do with the clothes you wear.
              You could dress me in the finest Armani suit and I would still look like a photocopier salesman from Rotherham.
              Fashion , on the other hand, is something so vulgar it has to re-invent itself every fifteen days.
                                             Graham. :)

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Jonathan

Hasselblads are cool........
It's Guest's round

Graham

Quote from: Jonathan on April 07, 2010, 07:40:38 AM
Hasselblads are cool........

Yes. Because they have "Style"!
            See post above.
                                                  Graham. ;)

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.