• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 193
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 111
  • Total: 111
  • Google
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Photo Hit List

Started by DigiDiva, April 21, 2014, 07:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiDiva

What photo is on your 'Must Take Hit List'? Is it a particular landscape or animal you want to capture? Is it something that was on your hit list but you eventually managed to take it?

I will start.

I was after a certain landscape image in Tenerife. I visit there several times a year and the conditions for the image I wanted were never right. After waiting 5 years, I eventually got the image I wanted 2 weeks ago and I love it. This is it, and it goes to show, patience eventually pays off.

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Jediboy

Very nice Chris. Worth the wait.  :)
(Is that what's called a temperature inversion???)

For me, I guess at the moment it's star trails. I have tried, but haven't got it right so need to keep going. Like your photo the conditions need it be right.
But it'll have to wait for now as I'm currently sat by my BBQ enjoying a nice gin and tonic!!  ;) :beer:
May the Force be with you.

Chris

DigiDiva

Temperature Inversion - never heard of that so I  have now looked this up, but I'm none the wiser.! Im guessing it is, but I just thought it was  because we were so high up, we were above the clouds!

Oldboy

Quote from: DigiDiva on April 21, 2014, 08:46:02 PM
Temperature Inversion - never heard of that so I  have now looked this up, but I'm none the wiser.! Im guessing it is, but I just thought it was  because we were so high up, we were above the clouds!

Another effect that an inversion has is to make clouds just below the inversion to spread out and take on a flattened appearance. For instance, marine stratocumulus clouds over cold ocean waters; or the tops of thunderstorms when they reach the base of the stratosphere, which also forms a temperature inversion. Your picture has the layer flattened appearance whereas normal clouds are like soap bubbles in appearance.  :)

It's great when you get the shot you wanted after a few years of trying. I love the whole composition, colours and the clearness of the air. Cracking shot and worth the wait.  :tup:

anglefire

I got a picture of the Milky Way when I was in the Pyrenees last year - and I want to improve on it - and get some star trails. So the plan is to do that again when I'm back in the Pyrenees later this year.

Mainly because where we go is very dark making it a lot easier (But not a given!) to get some nice shots without street lights.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

DigiDiva

Jediboy & Angelfire, start swapping notes!

Andrew

A lovely opening shot to start the thread.

Do i have a picture to get that word be worthy of an entry on my bucket list? Mmmm Probably several.

One would be a view of the Hoover Dam as framed by the new(ish) Sky Bridge - preferably at sunrise or sunset. The shoot woould require use of a helicopter but i'm not sure if they're allowed to hover in the location needed to actually get that shot.

Another would be to do a stint with Naomi Campbell. She may not be to everyones liking or cup of tea, but I find her a bit of an enigma and think it might be a bit of fun, might come away with a few surprising pictures.
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

bones615

Quote from: Jediboy on April 21, 2014, 08:10:37 PM
Very nice Chris. Worth the wait.  :)
(Is that what's called a temperature inversion???)

For me, I guess at the moment it's star trails. I have tried, but haven't got it right so need to keep going. Like your photo the conditions need it be right.
But it'll have to wait for now as I'm currently sat by my BBQ enjoying a nice gin and tonic!!  ;) :beer:

Not my thing but they have been discussing it on a facebook group i visit, one guy seems quite knowledgable and suggests 15-20sec exposures and stitch together using http://www.startrails.de/html/software.html
hope this is helpful.

Mine would involve wild birds of prey or kingfishers but i am not dedicated enough to spend hours in the middle of nowhere twiddling my thumbs in anticipation.

DigiDiva

I have the patience and the lens just not the spot to take kingfishers

anglefire

There are a couple of togs on DPG that get Kingfisher shots by the score - including ones with the fish in the beak - or between the beak as it gets tossed in the air.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

DigiDiva

DigiDiva

Paul Montgomery

Are we talking about achievable or pure fantasy?
If its achievable, then I'd love to be able to capture the action in the pits of an F1 race.
If its pure fantasy, then I'd love to get 'earth rise' seen from the moon...

kerbside

Trackside at a top fuel drag meeting, been before but was ill prepared. Going again next February to Sydney Dragway for state champs so hope to do better this time. When the cars leave the lights the whole ground shakes and I was 1/4 mile away with a 500 lens.
A picture like this would be good, not mine I must add.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.