• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 35
  • Total: 35
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglefire

Mine always go back to Canon for service and repair - Joe public as you call it is 10day typical turn around. Mine is normally about 5-6days door to door. But being insurance it will be longer.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Just got to wait now for the insurance underwriters - had to provide flight details as well as a quote for the repair - as it happened in the US.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Same thing as every time there is fog in the morning - the morons who insist on driving in queues of traffic with their rear fog lights on. Should be a mandatory 12 month ban. Grrrr.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jediboy

Photomatix is playing up. Keeps asking me to register, when I already have done and paid for it.
And I'm pretty sure that this isn't the photo I took this morning!
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Hinfrance

Have you got some kind of registry error? Seems very odd. My Photomatix is working OK. What version are you using?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

Ordered a Tyfoto variable ND filter 3 weeks ago. Hasn't arrived. Normally stuff from my eldest daughter in the US takes less than 2 weeks to get here. So I went and had a look at the tracking. My heart sank . . . Chinapost . . might never arrive. So not a US company at all.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Jediboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 11, 2018, 03:54:50 PM
Have you got some kind of registry error? Seems very odd. My Photomatix is working OK. What version are you using?

Did this a couple of weeks ago too, re-booted it and then it was fine. Same today but it put an interesting spin on what I was trying to achieve. Works OK when I shut it down and start again.

Chris

Jediboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 11, 2018, 04:06:05 PM
Ordered a Tyfoto variable ND filter 3 weeks ago. Hasn't arrived. Normally stuff from my eldest daughter in the US takes less than 2 weeks to get here. So I went and had a look at the tracking. My heart sank . . . Chinapost . . might never arrive. So not a US company at all.

It seems that you can't be too careful these days. Hope it arrives soon for you.

Chris

Hinfrance

You're not wrong! Just wait and see I suppose.

On the plus side UPS should be delivering my new Floyd Rose equipped, black quilt topped, Jackson guitar today.  :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Jediboy

I'm not exactly sure what that is H but am sure it'll be a very exciting day for you.  :tup:

Chris

Oldboy

Quote from: Jediboy on December 12, 2018, 07:54:46 AM
I'm not exactly sure what that is H but am sure it'll be a very exciting day for you.  :tup:

Well it doesn't ring a bell but it might strike a chord!   :2funny:  :legit:

Jediboy

Quote from: Oldboy on December 12, 2018, 08:15:10 PM
Quote from: Jediboy on December 12, 2018, 07:54:46 AM

Well it doesn't ring a bell but it might strike a chord!   :2funny:  :legit:

BOOM!

Chris

Hinfrance

Well, the guitar turned out to be a disappointment and had to be sent back. Better luck next time I suppose.

But on the other hand the Tyfoto variable ND did arrive today. I've briefly tested it and there appear to be no annoying black bands however it is set. On the downside I seem to recall that one of the USPs of this filter was the 'click stop' ND selection. Then one I have is constantly variable, which is, on balance, no bad thing as it just seems to work.

Will have to wait until the New Year to give it thorough testing.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Jediboy

Sorry to hear about the guitar but pleased the filter has arrived. Good luck with it.

Chris

Hinfrance

Really, I mean really, is there anyone in the world who understands the LR print module? Trying to print two of our family Christmas pictures. I select the two pictures in the library, go to the print module, find it has put two small prints onto two A4 pages. Delete one picture, both pages then go blank, Click add and only the first image appears, click add again hoping to see the second one - first one added again. If I change printer it just prints before I tell it too. So I've created custom cells, but have no idea how to get any pictures into my new layout to actually print the damned things. I really really really hate the LR print module.

The struggle would continue, but I'm going to use Qimage instead. That works.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.