• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 43
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 41
  • Total: 41
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on December 14, 2015, 06:09:45 PM
Brilliant. :2funny: :2funny:

My TV was corrupted over the weekend as well,
a load of crap on it called xfactor  :-[ :-[

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Jediboy

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on December 14, 2015, 06:09:45 PM
Brilliant. :2funny: :2funny:

My TV was corrupted over the weekend as well,
a load of crap on it called xfactor  :-[ :-[

Love this. Very good.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Jediboy

I'm rather annoyed that my wife is stuck in traffic on the M1. Was looking forward to a nice night together but now looks as though she won't be home until after midnight! And she was out at 0600. Luckily it's a vehicle fire and no one is hurt.

Chris

Hinfrance

Epson's update manager very kindly advised me that there was a driver update for my printer. I installed it. Now it doesn't work at all - again.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 16, 2015, 03:14:17 PM
Epson's update manager very kindly advised me that there was a driver update for my printer. I installed it. Now it doesn't work at all - again.

Is that due to Windows 10 ?
Ive had a couple of things go TU because of 10.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

SimonW

Haven't we all!

However, re printer driver issues: Last week I bit the bullet on another of the machines I look after, upgrading it from Windows 7 32bit to 10. It went well, with only a few of the now usual niggles to sort out, except that the attached HP laser printer no longer worked, and wasn't even showing in the hardware list. Thinking "driver problem" I looked at HP's web site and easily found a new driver, clearly marked for that type of printer and Windows 10 32bit. I attempted to install it and waited for almost an hour before getting getting a report "fatal error, your device cannot be used" but suggesting I should try again. Another hour, same result. So I gave up and re-installed the Windows 7 driver which had been supplied with the printer instead. Problem solved!

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Hinfrance

I went to Epson's support page, and dowloaded the W10 64 driver. It works. The problem, I have discovered, is that the Epson updater thinks my OS is 32 bit . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 16, 2015, 07:08:24 PM
The problem, I have discovered, is that the Epson updater thinks my OS is 32 bit . . .

It is........32x2 = 64! What's the problem?  :P

Ken.

Speaking of printers... mine died.  ::)

We may use a printer once a month at most and wouldn't you know it, just when the darn thing croaks we need to use it!  :doh:

spinner

Quote from: Ken. on December 17, 2015, 10:35:21 AM
Speaking of printers... mine died.  ::)

We may use a printer once a month at most and wouldn't you know it, just when the darn thing croaks we need to use it!  :doh:

Murphy's law of printers.
:legit:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spinner

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 16, 2015, 07:08:24 PM
I went to Epson's support page, and dowloaded the W10 64 driver. It works. The problem, I have discovered, is that the Epson updater thinks my OS is 32 bit . . .

I just had a similar experience with installing the WaterFox 64 bit browser. Someone told me that even though program is 64 bit, the installer is still 32 bit. Don't know if that applies to the Epson software but might be.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

Could be Spinner. I switched off the updater service. It's for the best.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Oldboy

Last night was a fantastic red sunset. This morning was a red sunrise. The weather today was dull with spots of rain. So, like the weather forecasters, even folklore can't predict the weather!  >:(

SimonW

Didn't see it in Scotland of course, but could that red have been Sahara dust?
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Jediboy

Some low life has cloned my bank card and emptied my account. The result is that direct debits were not paid and I'm now having to contact all the people I owe money to and pay the outstanding balances. Not amused. Right on the doorstep of Christmas too!  >:( :knuppel2:

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.