• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 43
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 32
  • Total: 32
  • Google
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donoreo

Quote from: Oldboy on May 02, 2012, 07:45:43 PM
Quote from: donoreo on May 02, 2012, 02:22:19 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on May 01, 2012, 08:26:09 PM
Quote from: donoreo on May 01, 2012, 08:21:48 PM
got an email saying I would have a credit in 3 - 5 business days.   I ordered another laptop already, the upside being there was a slightly better model (faster, larger drive) available this time for only $10 more.

Not much good if it keeps disappearing in the post!  :uglystupid2:
No, it is not.  Even if I get credited back the money, it still costs me money as it is Canada Post crediting me the money and as a taxpayer, I lose!

You mean you pay taxes!  :uglystupid2:
Of course.  However, I always get a rebate.   Since my wife makes more than I, I get to claim all of the expenses for children (that is how it works here) that are tax deductions. 

donoreo

My laptop arrived.  The annoying part, the backup program that comes with it to generate recovery discs craps out when it asks for the second disc, every time. 

spinner

I get an email update from one of the tech sites I subscribe to, telling me there is a new version of GIMP. Interest peaked I go to the GIMP web page. I download the OSX version and the Windows versions thinking I can compare. I have since installed the OSX version on Snow Leopard and Lion and..... it doesn't work the little GIMP head icon pops up on my dock and promptly fades away.

The Windows version doesn't even download, just a text page. Not impressed.  :(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Reinardina

Quote from: donoreo on May 03, 2012, 07:55:38 PM
My laptop arrived.  The annoying part, the backup program that comes with it to generate recovery discs craps out when it asks for the second disc, every time.

You don't seem to be very lucky with laptops.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

I had that with my desktop so, changed the disks used a it worked OK.  :tup:

donoreo

Quote from: Oldboy on May 04, 2012, 09:45:19 PM

Tried that, different discs, different brands. 

spinner

Quote from: donoreo on May 05, 2012, 03:34:42 AM

Can you save them as disc images and try using a different burner software? I used DeepBurner on my Windows machine it's freeware or shareware and I haven't had any issues. Or an external Burner?
Ol' blue eyes

donoreo

Quote from: spinner on May 05, 2012, 08:21:00 AM
Quote from: donoreo on May 05, 2012, 03:34:42 AM

Can you save them as disc images and try using a different burner software? I used DeepBurner on my Windows machine it's freeware or shareware and I haven't had any issues. Or an external Burner?
I have not gone that far yet, but those would be my next steps. 

spinner

Spring Cold. Haven't had a Cold in years and now I'm suffering through my second one in less than 2 mths. And I suspect from the same source. I can live with the aches and pains and coughing, it's the not sleeping that's killing me.  :'(
Ol' blue eyes

ABERS

This
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17938269

I'm all for it, AFTER, all those that have not broken the law are found jobs. So get to the back of the 5+ million queue when you've done your time!

donoreo

Well, not annoying any longer is my laptop.  I managed to get the disc creator to work.  I had to go into My Computer after I put the second disc in for it to be "seen" and then the program would burn it.  Now that I have made two sets of discs I will install Linux on it and get rid of the windows. 

Jonathan

It's Guest's round

Hinfrance

Can I upvote that comment? XP was a car wreck of an operating system.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 10, 2012, 11:03:43 AM
Can I upvote that comment? XP was a car wreck of an operating system.

No, that was Windows ME..  ;)  XP is fantastic compared to that.  In fact I still like using XP.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

donoreo

Quote from: Jonathan on May 10, 2012, 09:36:43 AM
Windows XP.

For real.
Use an OS that was designed approximately 15 years ago (released October 2001, designed long before that).  I have a brand new laptop for work, they installed XP on it.  Runs like crap as a result because they are trying to shoehorn something that old into new hardware. 

I am running Linux right now and posting.  I am trying out Ubuntu, again, but I find it very annoying.  It is too dumbed down. 

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.