• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 49
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 52
  • Total: 52
  • Google (2)
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donoreo

Quote from: donoreo on April 20, 2012, 05:54:36 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on April 20, 2012, 05:42:36 PM
Quote from: donoreo on April 20, 2012, 03:14:12 PM
Quote from: donoreo on April 19, 2012, 07:18:46 PM
Quote from: spinner on April 19, 2012, 03:10:53 PM
Quote from: donoreo on April 19, 2012, 01:59:01 PM
Quote from: donoreo on April 18, 2012, 02:32:41 PM
This:

2012/04/17   06:37   NORTH YORK   Item processed at local delivery facility

That is the last update from Canada Post on my laptop.  That facility is under a kilometre away and it was not delivered yesterday or "out for delivery" today.
Today: it still has the same status.

Annoying for sure. I used to work across the street from the Gateway facility. It bugged me to no end knowing something I was waiting for sat just across the road and I couldn't get at it.
That is where my shipment started.
My delivery is still there.  I opened a support ticket with Canada Post.  Their automated response says someone will reply to me and they hope to have the matter solved by May 14.   :wtf:

Did it say which year?  :doh:
No, actually.   :'(
Update: yesterday I went to the local outlet that packages get dropped if you are not at home.  Not there.  They called another, not there.  I went to the processing location, they looked.  Not there.  Wait, it says it was scanned in there on April 17.   It is not there.  So, some postal worker has my laptop.   I called and talked to customer service at the vendor (Future Shop for the Canadians here) and they are going to investigate and will get something before then, but they do not know when. 

spinner

So nothing much has changed at Canada Post. Five Finger discounts still ongoing.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

donoreo

Quote from: spinner on April 25, 2012, 12:10:17 PM
So nothing much has changed at Canada Post. Five Finger discounts still ongoing.
It would seem so.  However, there could be a problem with their system .  When they move a load of packages from one place to another, they may assign that load a shipment number with all the items in it.  So when the order is scanned  as received, everything supposedly in that load gets marked the same.   If something was missed, like my laptop, it could still be at the previous location.  It went Mississauga - > Scarborough - > North York (Don Mills). 

michaelb104

Bl**dy automated phone calls telling me that time is running out to claim PPI from my bank or credit card, I've had three in the last 8 minutes  >:(  :knuppel2:

I've also had a text message telling me that I am owed £3850 for the accident I had.  It must have been a really bad accident because I cannot remember it. 

AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  :uglystupid2:
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Oldboy

Quote from: michaelb104 on April 27, 2012, 03:18:56 PM
Bl**dy automated phone calls telling me that time is running out to claim PPI from my bank or credit card, I've had three in the last 8 minutes  >:(  :knuppel2:

I've also had a text message telling me that I am owed £3850 for the accident I had.  It must have been a really bad accident because I cannot remember it. 

AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  :uglystupid2:

You must have been  unconscious then?  :doh:

spinner

Quote from: donoreo on April 25, 2012, 02:12:13 PM
It went Mississauga - > Scarborough - > North York (Don Mills).

Unbelievable, it's like Toronto's own Bermuda Triangle.  :doh:
Ol' blue eyes

donoreo

Quote from: spinner on April 27, 2012, 11:04:58 PM

I called FS for them to start a trace on their end since they were the shipper.  I was told that is what happened earlier this week.  Today, I called for a status update.  There was not "lost package" investigation started.  This customer service person said she was doing it right then.   If it is determined it is lost, after 10 business days from today, then I would get a credit.  I said no.  I want the same laptop for the same price.  It was a refurbished one that they now have for $100 more than I paid (still a refurb).  She could not arrange that, but put it in the notes and is escalating it up a level.   We will see if that is the same as the trace supposedly started earlier in the week.  I did tell her that if they did not do that, I would take my refund and buy elsewhere. 

spinner

Quote from: donoreo on April 28, 2012, 04:22:43 AM

I called FS for them to start a trace on their end since they were the shipper.  I was told that is what happened earlier this week.  Today, I called for a status update.  There was not "lost package" investigation started.  This customer service person said she was doing it right then.   If it is determined it is lost, after 10 business days from today, then I would get a credit.  I said no.  I want the same laptop for the same price.  It was a refurbished one that they now have for $100 more than I paid (still a refurb).  She could not arrange that, but put it in the notes and is escalating it up a level.   We will see if that is the same as the trace supposedly started earlier in the week.  I did tell her that if they did not do that, I would take my refund and buy elsewhere.

I buy most of my refurbs from TigerDirect. Then again they are just down the road from me. Never had an issue with the quality. (touch wood).
Ol' blue eyes

Oldboy

A new update for McAfee has cost me my internet access for the last two days. I did a restore which allowed me to get back on the internet but as soon as I logged off it loaded again and cost me my connection. After trying various things it appears that the computer thinks I have two internet connection. After trying various methods to delete one of these connections I managed to get rid of it. Don't they test software releases before sending them out?  >:( >:(

Stranger still, it appears it may be my phone affecting my wireless router? Stranger still, it's been in the same place for over a month and didn't cause a problem until the McAfee update.  :doh:

donoreo

Quote from: spinner on April 29, 2012, 12:19:42 AM

I buy most of my refurbs from TigerDirect. Then again they are just down the road from me. Never had an issue with the quality. (touch wood).
I got an email saying I would have a credit in 3 - 5 business days.   I ordered another laptop already, the upside being there was a slightly better model (faster, larger drive) available this time for only $10 more. 

Oldboy

Quote from: donoreo on May 01, 2012, 08:21:48 PM
got an email saying I would have a credit in 3 - 5 business days.   I ordered another laptop already, the upside being there was a slightly better model (faster, larger drive) available this time for only $10 more.

Not much good if it keeps disappearing in the post!  :uglystupid2:

donoreo

Quote from: Oldboy on May 01, 2012, 08:26:09 PM
got an email saying I would have a credit in 3 - 5 business days.   I ordered another laptop already, the upside being there was a slightly better model (faster, larger drive) available this time for only $10 more.

No, it is not.  Even if I get credited back the money, it still costs me money as it is Canada Post crediting me the money and as a taxpayer, I lose!

spinner

Quote from: spinner on April 29, 2012, 12:19:42 AM

I got an email saying I would have a credit in 3 - 5 business days.   I ordered another laptop already, the upside being there was a slightly better model (faster, larger drive) available this time for only $10 more.

A Silver Lining then. ;D
Ol' blue eyes

spinner

Quote from: donoreo on May 02, 2012, 02:22:19 PM

No, it is not.  Even if I get credited back the money, it still costs me money as it is Canada Post crediting me the money and as a taxpayer, I lose!

Enjoy my portion!!  ;)
Ol' blue eyes

Oldboy

Quote from: donoreo on May 02, 2012, 02:22:19 PM

You mean you pay taxes!  :uglystupid2:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.