• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 43
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 34
  • Total: 34
  • Google (3)
  • Bingbot
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Quote from: ABERS on January 31, 2012, 09:05:32 AM
Visited the PR site a couple of days ago, and, left a comment on, of all things, a sunset. Went back today to see if there had been any reaction.

Whilst there read I the latest posts. I'm amazed that someone has had the ill manners to lift someone's picture and in his opinion 'improved it'. By the inference of the post this has taken place without the agreement of the picture's author. What a presumptuous bl**dy cheek! >:(

Was that the one with the red post box in the background? The original photog, said he'd tried all manner of things to clone it out?
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spinner

Quote from: Reinardina on January 31, 2012, 10:16:12 PM
In my case, it was done by someone who knew what I was trying to do, and just showed the way. I'm perfectly happy with that.

I don't have an issue with that, if this is the photo I saw, the poster had made mention that he knew a part of the photo stuck out and mentioned how he's tried and failed to remove it. Some one else reposted with the offending portion removed, but I don't recall them offering a helpful "this is how I did it" just a "here ya go I made it better" sort of response. Then again I didn't stop and study the interchange so might have misinterpreted.  :-[
Ol' blue eyes

spinner

My semi regular rant about people on Tech sites. I posted on the Hotmail site I was getting error messages and it was slow to respond. I end up getting linked to a page with a list of 'similar' posts. In fact I find one, posted the same day, with the exact same complaint. So I read it, and discover one of the Microsoft Mods has responded saying yes the problem is at Microsoft end, they have a problem with their servers and are looking into it. In the meantime I get a message from another mod asking for more details. I respond by saying I found this other post and it appears the problem is at your end afterall. I just now get another message saying, if you don't provide details we can't investigate. To which I have reposted, did you not read? the problem is at your end, your people have confirmed. I am constantly left with the feeling these Tech Experts have no reading comprehension.  >:(

I will however readily admit I am a grumpy old git with a low threshold for what I see as blindered reactions.
Ol' blue eyes

ABERS

Quote from: spinner on February 01, 2012, 01:56:07 AM
Visited the PR site a couple of days ago, and, left a comment on, of all things, a sunset. Went back today to see if there had been any reaction.

Whilst there read I the latest posts. I'm amazed that someone has had the ill manners to lift someone's picture and in his opinion 'improved it'. By the inference of the post this has taken place without the agreement of the picture's author. What a presumptuous bl**dy cheek! >:(

Was that the one with the red post box in the background? The original photog, said he'd tried all manner of things to clone it out?

No, I haven't seen that one. This was a picture of a chap smoking a cigar. There was no indication that the author had asked for improvements, but someone lifted it and inserted a catchlight in one eye. It may have added to the picture, but then again that's a personal thing. It's a good thing we don't all resort to doing that, otherwise we'd ll be too busy 'improving' other people's pictures to make any of our own!  :tup:

spinner

Quote from: ABERS on February 01, 2012, 08:04:25 AM
Quote from: spinner on February 01, 2012, 01:56:07 AM

No, I haven't seen that one. This was a picture of a chap smoking a cigar. There was no indication that the author had asked for improvements, but someone lifted it and inserted a catchlight in one eye. It may have added to the picture, but then again that's a personal thing. It's a good thing we don't all resort to doing that, otherwise we'd ll be too busy 'improving' other people's pictures to make any of our own!  :tup:

Ah, seems to be either an odd coincidence or a regular activity. I don't lurk often enough to know if it's a trend or not. I do agree that what you've described is a far sight more egregious than the one I saw.
Ol' blue eyes

michaelb104

From Saturday night I've been having intermittent broadband access, from Sat night to Sun night the broadband was up for about two minutes and then down for about 40 minutes, this morning it seems a little better it's now up for about 5 minutes and down for about 15 minutes.  I phoned my ISP twice yesterday and explained the problem, the first time I was told that it is a problem with my PC's wired connection to the modem but I couldn't make them understand none of the wireless devices could connect to the internet either    >:(

The second time I phoned they admitted that there was a fault and it would be fixed by 9:00am today, well it's gone 9:00am and it's not fixed so I'm back on the phone to try and get some answers.

Posted this message at one of the up times!!

Ooohh the fault in my area is being advised as part of the automated phone answering thing...............

Speaking to the call centre apparently there are no faults at the moment, so asked to speak to a supervisor and guess what, there is a fault and it should be fixed later today.
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on February 01, 2012, 02:19:56 AM
My semi regular rant about people on Tech sites. I posted on the Hotmail site I was getting error messages and it was slow to respond. I end up getting linked to a page with a list of 'similar' posts. In fact I find one, posted the same day, with the exact same complaint. So I read it, and discover one of the Microsoft Mods has responded saying yes the problem is at Microsoft end, they have a problem with their servers and are looking into it. In the meantime I get a message from another mod asking for more details. I respond by saying I found this other post and it appears the problem is at your end afterall. I just now get another message saying, if you don't provide details we can't investigate. To which I have reposted, did you not read? the problem is at your end, your people have confirmed. I am constantly left with the feeling these Tech Experts have no reading comprehension.  >:(

I will however readily admit I am a grumpy old git with a low threshold for what I see as blindered reactions.

I think they expect you to only use certain words/phrases to indicate your problem. This is because they use crib sheets for their answers. Anything outside that and they are stuck. The only expertise these people process is in reading a script.  :o

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on February 06, 2012, 11:05:50 AM
Quote from: spinner on February 01, 2012, 02:19:56 AM

I think they expect you to only use certain words/phrases to indicate your problem. This is because they use crib sheets for their answers. Anything outside that and they are stuck. The only expertise these people process is in reading a script.  :o

Yes, I tend to forget that these sites are populated with people, to whom English is a second language.  :'(
Ol' blue eyes

Markulous

I jealously guard the phone numbers I have of 2nd line support - the guys who know what they're talking about and with whom I can have a proper conversation. I've found that insurance companies are the same and I always endeavour to avoid speaking to the drones on the front line (with whom I've also got sympathy but really no time!)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Sarasocke

Installed Windows 7 and re-installed all my various bits and pieces of sofware.
Till I came to Nikon Capture and realised I no longer had the original sleeve the disc was in and so no longer had the registration number.
What I really don't understand is that I've used Capture on and off since 2009 and therefore must have registered it at some point. Nikon has no record of it though, apparently the only thing I have registered with them is my D700.
I can't find the original invoice either.
I could kick myself hard for being so slipshod but I do find it infuriating that everything has to be registered and woe betide if you forget/lose the number/password/whatever.
I already have a notebook full of user names and passwords.

There's apparently nothing Nikon can do to help. 200€ down the drain.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Thanks again to all of you who took the trouble to vote for me, in the writing competition for 'FEweek and Me.'

The result was supposed to be out on February 6th, and everyone who voted was supposed to receive an email with the results.

I assumed, the people on the shortlist, would also receive an email. So far no good.

However, clever daughter just rang me to commiserate, as I had not won. Hmmm. Mum hadn't heard anything!

She simply googled it, as she knew the results should be known by now, and found the following web page:

http://www.feweek.co.uk/2012/02/06/f.../#comment-2166

To be honest I'm not upset about not winning, but I'm quite p*ssed off for not being told!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

Sorry to hear about your 'software problem' Carol.

It just reminded me of the fact I never registered my camera, which I bought in June last year. But at least I still have the till slip and the 'boys and girls' in the London Camera Exchange, all know I bought it. And when.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

greypoint

More £$%)"!@! snow - just as the first lot had almost gone >:( >:( :'( ???

Oldboy

Quote from: Sarasocke on February 09, 2012, 03:20:22 PM
Installed Windows 7 and re-installed all my various bits and pieces of sofware.
Till I came to Nikon Capture and realised I no longer had the original sleeve the disc was in and so no longer had the registration number.
What I really don't understand is that I've used Capture on and off since 2009 and therefore must have registered it at some point. Nikon has no record of it though, apparently the only thing I have registered with them is my D700.
I can't find the original invoice either.
I could kick myself hard for being so slipshod but I do find it infuriating that everything has to be registered and woe betide if you forget/lose the number/password/whatever.
I already have a notebook full of user names and passwords.

There's apparently nothing Nikon can do to help. 200€ down the drain.

Did you reformat your hard drive before installing Windows 7? If not, then the serial number will still be in your register.  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.