• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 49
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 50
  • Total: 50
  • Google (2)
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on January 27, 2012, 06:35:48 PM
Quote from: Graham on January 27, 2012, 04:27:03 PM
    Fell off my bike this morning, first time in abot 35 years, walking pace on a cycle path in the hospital grounds, in front of 3 nurses.
    Roads and paths were fine but I managed to find a patch of ice. >:(
    Left hand little finger broke in two places, thankfuly niether on a joint.
    And Iv'e got a frantic "First three/ no flash" with the *Kaiser Chiefs in a couple of days! >:( >:(
                         Graham. >:( >:( >:(

* Alan. They'er a popular beat combo.  :tup:

Hope the little finger soon mends Graham. Must be a little difficult drinking tea from a bone china cup.

What exactly is a beat combo, is it like 'Surf and Turf'?
[/size]   Very much so.  :dance:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Beryl

:2funny:  I was going to say some thing similar about drinking tea from a cup with a broken' Little finger'
Some one beat me to it. Did the nurses pick you up?

Hope you're are soon better
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Graham

They came over.  "Are you allright?"
                              " Fine thanks. Just embarassed!"

It was'nt 'till I got to work and took my glove off that I thought " I'm sure that finger used to be straight!"

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

But will you be able to play the violin?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 28, 2012, 08:18:35 AM
But will you be able to play the violin?
Funny you should ask.
                                     I asked the doctor if I would be able to play the piano when it had healed. She said almost certainly. I said that was good because I could'nt before!

Exit stage left.     Graham.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Beryl

A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

ABERS

Visited the PR site a couple of days ago, and, left a comment on, of all things, a sunset. Went back today to see if there had been any reaction.

Whilst there read I the latest posts. I'm amazed that someone has had the ill manners to lift someone's picture and in his opinion 'improved it'. By the inference of the post this has taken place without the agreement of the picture's author. What a presumptuous bl**dy cheek! >:(

Markulous

I vaguely remember the shot - didn't the author mention that they were having difficulty cloning out the poles or wires? Personally, I don't edit others' shots unless there's an implied request (which, arguably, there was!) but I certainly have no objection to anyone commenting or editing (and I much prefer a well-intentioned edit to a "Nice shot" comment as it shows a good deal more interest!). But then I learned my photography from critique, comments and improvements to my shots (which usually included a list of what was actually done to the image)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

greypoint

Abers was obviously drawn to visit the forum by the thread about Martin Parr  :dance: :dance: 

Oldboy

Quote from: greypoint on January 31, 2012, 03:28:37 PM
Abers was obviously drawn to visit the forum by the thread about Martin Parr  :dance: :dance:

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

ABERS

Quote from: greypoint on January 31, 2012, 03:28:37 PM

Me and old Marty boy go back a long way, we even went to different schools together!

Later in life we even shared a magazine! :-[

Note he has an Honorary FRPS, I earned mine the hard way! :tup:

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on January 31, 2012, 09:05:32 AM
Visited the PR site a couple of days ago, and, left a comment on, of all things, a sunset. Went back today to see if there had been any reaction.

Whilst there read I the latest posts. I'm amazed that someone has had the ill manners to lift someone's picture and in his opinion 'improved it'. By the inference of the post this has taken place without the agreement of the picture's author. What a presumptuous bl**dy cheek! >:(

You went back today and didn't spot how well I'm doing in the competition? I'm leading the field with nine points, against Mark (Cutter)'s seven. Fingers crossed till tomorrow lunch time.

I don't mind having my photos lifted for improvement. It has happened a few times, and always they came out better! There are still a lot of things, I simply don't 'see.' And it has always been done by people I like and trust. Not sure how I would react, if one of my favourite hates would dare do it!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

I would never do an edit unless someone invited  people to do it to suggest alternatives - and that is not necessarily improvements. If someone asked first then fine but I do think it a little arrogant for someone else to think they know what you were trying to get across more than you.

anglefire

Some sites have an option which appears under you avtar etc, indicating where editing is permitted or not. Photography-on-the-net being a case in point.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Reinardina

In my case, it was done by someone who knew what I was trying to do, and just showed the way. I'm perfectly happy with that.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.