• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 49
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 29
  • Total: 29
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

As a lark I googled reviews of the printer, they start in '02. It's a lot older than I remembered.  :-[
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

picsfor

WAMT?

Duly prepared 2 pics for the Camera Club comp - and forgot to e-mail them in!
Having seen the pictures and how they were judged i'm sure i was looking at 2 highly commended's - or maybe even a 3rd  :uglystupid2:

I appreciate that my view is subjective - but given that macro shots of butterflies were doing well and underwater shots would have been gratefully received, i'm gonna give myself a bit of glass half full treatment. I'm in no doubt as to the winner and second place - they really were in a class of their own, and it wasn't the beginners category.

spinner

So I have been posting here awhile now. Even though I speak Canadian and no doubt sometimes use the odd Canadianism you fellas seem to understand what I'm saying when I post. I might add, I got good marks in school for my essays on History or English. What annoys me and has for a few months now, is when I post a question on a forum (mostly computer tech forums) I get responses that don't seem to have anything to do with what I asked. I described it once before as asking about apples and getting answers about oranges.  Do they not teach English comprehension in school anymore?
Ol' blue eyes

ABERS

They don't seem to teach much of anything in schools anymore. :o

Simple

Agree wholeheartedly, also the weird texts you get can be real puzzles. The other day I had a text from an unknown number, it said "HU DIZ" It took me a while and decided to answer "DIZ ME HU U" The reply was slightly better" IM JAMIE U?" So I replied "IM SIMON" Somewhere in the darkness a light must have gone on, because the next text was "Sorry, wrong number" I had to laugh for a while.

CML-1591

WAM...Saturday.

Idiots that do not like to be told not to go down a no entry in the car park (i do trolleys at B&Q, gigs a gig right?) and then persist to go down it by driving at me and edging forward to the point the bumper is toughing my knee. I gave up. He persisted to shout at me and called me stupid to be giving him directions and standing in the middle of the road in a hi-vis jacket and a bright orange apron... "YOU IDIOT i can't believe someone half my age could be so stupid to stand in front and get ran over and be so rude to me" (apparently i was rude cus' i retaliated after the first time to shouted you idiot, with 'i'm the idiot? your the idiot if you can't read/see the no entry sign') "how can i see it if your standing on it" "i'm not exactly wide" i replied, well my waist is no bigger than 26" so... >:( :knuppel2:

He went off saying he will complain. I got to the duty manage first but this guy started calling me 'that boy' and such to him, in which the manager didn't like and told him 'i don't care your not shopping here no more'  :tup:

(If your at Brandon Road store saturdays, i'll find you a flat bed or two)
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

SimonW

Not annoyed, just slightly miffed - at happenstance, no blame to anyone. I took several photos as possible entries for the weekily comp "decay", but decided on a rather lucky snapshot of a May tree whose blossom was only just beginning to. Then the "May" competition was announced. Yes, that photo will do nicely, I thought. But no, it was taken 30th April so isn't eligible. I went back today and took this one, but of course I'll not be entering it. Such a shame they only last a few days.

Sad May Tree
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

bones615

Just broke down at the side of the A14, 5.10pm lots of traffic. Overheated, stop light came on, temp guage at the top! Suspect a sticky thermostat, top pipe into it hot & the bottom one cold. bashed it several times to no avail, waited 10 mins nothing - rang the RAC then at the end of the call turned the ignition and the temp had dropped considerably so cancelled and drove 7 miles home without incident and normal temp. Guess I have another job for the weekend!

krennon

Was yesterday not today...

Went to Ashford (Kent not Middlesex) then Worthing then all the way up to Birmingham....started out from home at approx 07:15.......got in at 20:40 last night....absolutely knackered....and still feeling it (I normally just drive a desk not a transit van)....but what really annoyed me...I have come to the conclusion that some of the absolutely best and most stunning views I have seen especially the sunrise and sunsets are on the motorways....but can you stop to take a photo of the most stunning landscape with the sun just falling exactly right on the fields....no you can't.....why can't we have more rest stops like they have in the states (not services but just pull in areas normally with a toilet block but that's it) over here....and strategically placed to offer the best views for photos....If only I were king for a day!!!

Also bloody rubber neckers...accident on one of the slip roads yesterday on the m40...absolutely nothing to see other than flashing blue lights the accident had been cleared about an hour before I got there, you could see the lights flashing way back from the actual scene and that was all that was there but still the world his auntie and the idiot in the bmw doing about 110 mph all had to slam their brakes on to see if they could see anything....like I say there was a clear view from about a mile back and the only thing that was there was a few cop cars with their lights flashing and a recovery truck with a white van on the back of it that looked very battered....nothing else to see but everybody had to slow down to have a look for the gore...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Hinfrance

Sort of in between annoyed and bemused really. This morning.

Yet another artic driver who blindly followed his satnav past the 3 ton weight limits signs into the old part of town. On one of the two main commuter routes in from the south. And got stuck at the old bridge roundabout, completely blocking one lane.  It was still there several hours later, but I avoided the area on this afternoon's school run so I don't know if it is there still - the queues half way back to the ring road seemed to indicate it might have been . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beryl

Google anoyed me  with it's Mather grahm Ruddy dance  animation slowing down  the net.
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

hevans

WAMT?

The mother in law.

H.

spinner

Ol' blue eyes

greypoint

Pentax...somewhat...slightly...
I bought a K-5 last November. An excellent  well designed, sturdy camera with all the attributes of semi-pro models from Canon and Nikon but in a smaller size. OK there are gaps in the lens range at the longer end but overall I really like it. About three weeks ago a line appeared on the rear screen - I did a check for the infamous sensor stains at the same time [they can appear at any time it seems!] - and found a tiny patch in the tell tale shape. Got the usual great service from SRS who sent a new replacement in 3 days - great, after 5 months a brand new camera. Unfortunately this new camera seems to have developed a different fault - the SD card either won't go in or won't come out - at least not without lots of attempts - the card seems to go in too far and has no spring when you push down. I also bought a s/hand K-7 from SRS - got my money back when it had at intermittent problem writing to cards! I'm not exactly hard to please and don't complain a lot but 3 cameras all with niggly problems is a little irksome  ::) With a turnaround of between 7-28 days for repairs and events planned for most weekends from now until September I'm not too happy  :'(  SRS are going to have a word with the Pentax rep to see what he can do....sort of thinking 'system change' back to Nikon if the answers not the right one  :-\

Hinfrance

Sorry to hear these woes. Better keep my fingers crossed then.

As you know I had one of the 'original' duff sensor examples of the K5 that was changed quickly and without fuss (once the Christmas hols were out of the way).

I am not gentle with my kit, my K10D and K20D have been dropped, bashed and otherwise carelessly handled since they were new and no problems. I even had to chisel a flash extension lead off of the K20D when I carelessly put it on the wrong way around. Cosmetic damage only.

I hope they sort your concerns out.

Later - forgot to say, they are all fussy about memory cards. Since I switched exclusively to using Sandisk I've had no worries on that score.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.