• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 49
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 44
  • Total: 44
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Just looked at the five day forecast. Heavy rain for the whole week. What's it doing now? Raining very heavily! :(

Jonathan

Quote from: ABERS on February 22, 2010, 07:53:24 AM
Just looked at the five day forecast. Heavy rain for the whole week. What's it doing now? Raining very heavily! :(

Hmm not good.

I have a shoot in a muddy farmyard on Sunday.  I want mud - but not that much mud....
It's Guest's round

Oldboy

Quote from: Jonathan on February 22, 2010, 08:11:44 AM
Quote from: ABERS on February 22, 2010, 07:53:24 AM

Hmm not good.

I have a shoot in a muddy farmyard on Sunday.  I want mud - but not that much mud....

You don't need a farmyard for mud, as this winter has soaked the ground everywhere hence all the molehills.  :o

picsfor

Confined to house and not in Berlin. Wife is suspected of having Swine Flu so now i have to unpack all the bags and put everything away.  >:(
What's worse is "I" have to do it all because the wife is too unwell to do any of it!!!!  >:(

So, no visit to Berlin, which i was looking forward to. No pictures to show for it, and not much chance of getting out to get some pictures in England either.  :'(
And it's still raining like it needs to create a deep enough waterway for Noah's Ark to float on  >:(

Forseti

Sorry to read about your woes Andrew - I wish your wife a speedy and full recovery.  :tup: Berlin isn't going anywhere soon and sure there will be another chance. If not, send me your camera and I'll take a journey up the autobahn, fill up your memory card and post the camera back. Can't be fairer than that now can I?  :2funny:
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

Sarasocke

grrmmpf - bad luck Andrew! I hope you can make the trip anyway soon. Hope the wife gets better soon.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

picsfor

Thank you ladies.
I could send you a CF card Forseti but i suspect you really want the 5D MkII to try out!  :tup:

As you say, Berlin will still be there - i just wan't to get over whilst the nights still came relatively early (not 8-10mp) so i didn't have to be out late for those low light shots.
Oh well - i'll have to turn my attention to the Cornwall trip now - accommodation to arrange.

picsfor

I have been ordered to make an entry in this section by the wife who says i am being extremely grouchy.

The cause of this is travelling on a train from London to west of Brighton during rush hour and being forced to stand all the way like a common passenger, and also having to change trains half way because of a new time table.
1 1/2 hours i spent squeezed in like a sardine with some ones 10 shots of Espresso being squeezed up my nose (coffee makes me nauseous) and constantly apologising for banging into people  and then having a half hour walk home cos trains don't stop at my station in rush hour.

I'm a train driver for heavens sake - i'm supposed to have my own seat with my own passenger free space!

Any way - apologies for any strong comments or language - i am apparently being extremely grouchy so will have a quick game of connect 2 and go upstairs to sulk  >:(

Graham

Quote from: picsfor on March 01, 2010, 08:05:38 PM
I have been ordered to make an entry in this section by the wife who says i am being extremely grouchy.

The cause of this is travelling on a train from London to west of Brighton during rush hour and being forced to stand all the way like a common passenger, and also having to change trains half way because of a new time table.
1 1/2 hours i spent squeezed in like a sardine with some ones 10 shots of Espresso being squeezed up my nose (coffee makes me nauseous) and constantly apologising for banging into people  and then having a half hour walk home cos trains don't stop at my station in rush hour.

I'm a train driver for heavens sake - i'm supposed to have my own seat with my own passenger free space!

Any way - apologies for any strong comments or language - i am apparently being extremely grouchy so will have a quick game of connect 2 and go upstairs to sulk  >:(

Now you know how the paying passengers feel! :2funny:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

irv_b

Quote from: picsfor on March 01, 2010, 08:05:38 PM

Andrew I thought after that trip back from Abers exhibtion at Osterly you would be used to travelling like that :2funny:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Hinfrance

Your job is probably the only sensible way to go anywhere by train. :)

The definition of a train is : something that takes a long time to get from nowhere near where you are to nowhere near where you want to go at a time you don't want to go and at a price you don't want to pay. Which is a subset of public transport - mobile contagious disease infection units. A bit like Ryanair really, except that is so cheap the other inconveniences don't seem to matter so much  ;D

I once made the mistake of going from Gloucester to Oban by train instead of driving. Driving time 7 hours or so (BSC*), half on some of the most beautiful scenic roads in the world, train time 14 hours and four changes, including having to walk from one side of Glasgow to the other dragging luggage and waiting for nearly 3 hours at Birmingham. And one leg of the journey in a crowded carriage with the ill disciplined child of the woman behind me kicking the seat back the whole way. Never again! I got a lift home in a friend's car.

*Before Speed Cameras
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

QuoteA bit like Ryanair really, except that is so cheap the other inconveniences don't seem to matter so much

I don't know - I can't stand the company - its attitude and general opinion that they are doing you a favour! I'll only use if there is no alternative!

I do go by train to London from Birmingham (Well International) - but I go 1st class on the 6am - costs £44 and includes full breakfast, newspaper, coffee etc and I can use the 1st class lounge at Euston if I'm early for a meeting and can get more coffee etc!

Coming back, if I don't know what time that will be can be £70, if I can't book in advance!

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on March 02, 2010, 01:26:44 PM

I do go by train to London from Birmingham (Well International) - but I go 1st class on the 6am - costs £44 and includes full breakfast, newspaper, coffee etc and I can use the 1st class lounge at Euston if I'm early for a meeting and can get more coffee etc!

That worth every penny.  ;D

anglefire

Quote from: Oldboy on March 02, 2010, 07:12:41 PM
Quote from: anglefire on March 02, 2010, 01:26:44 PM

That worth every penny.  ;D

Especially as its on expenses! And yes my MD does know!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

picsfor

Another sunny day and another lack of photography due to illness.
Phone went at 8 ish this morning - Grand Son was rushed to hospital last night. Neither daught nor son in law had had any sleep so of i undertake a 2 hour drive to cover whilst they get some rest!
Then the afternoon shift comes on and i get thrown out cos only the parents are allowed to stay out of visiting hours to look after the kids!
Thank god son in law had turned up just as i was being thrown out!

It was like being a photographer in London  >:(

By the way - the little fellow is now on the mend - some virus or other!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.