• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 205
  • Total: 205
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Weekly Competition Chat thread – 3rd – 9th 2011 Subject - Ground Level

Started by michaelb104, October 02, 2011, 03:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Quote from: beauxreflets on October 10, 2011, 06:30:31 AM
Wish my condition was R' . I'm not looking forward to the colder weather  :-\

Hope the car problem gets sorted Mike

Well at least a sunny spell and dry grass to rest my head for this weeks entry  :tup:

Yeah, sorry Andy, it is a lot worse for you. Never lose hope though! I hope my retinas can be replaced one day by 'homegrown' ones (research so far looks promising) and they're also working on all sorts of other medical issues, Parkinsons among them. 

Mike, hope the car will get 'better' soon.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

I won't be entering this one. I sort of did a picture, but to be frank it was completely rubbish, so I won't embarrass myself by posting it.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

michaelb104

Quote from: Hinfrance on October 10, 2011, 04:03:25 PM
I won't be entering this one. I sort of did a picture, but to be frank it was completely rubbish, so I won't embarrass myself by posting it.

H, it's a good job this is CC and not PR or you'd be belittled and berated for not entering a photo you thought was not to your standards – or was that just me  :o
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

michaelb104

Update on the car – it eventually got towed to the garage (another story) and after diagnostic checks and the like the conclusion is that a sensor is playing up (eeerrr yes we knew that yesterday) so now they want £180 for the diagnostic check and to replace the sensor.  Why do I always feel like I'm being ripped off when I take the car to a main dealer?

Oh well it looks like the savings to replace my broken Tamron 70-300 will have to be ransacked – again...............
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Markulous

Quote from: michaelb104 on October 09, 2011, 07:57:45 PM
Went out in the other half's car this afternoon and hopefully take some photographs whilst out but the car broke down  >:( ..... big STOP light on the dash, warning sounds etc etc.  Called the RAC, was given a two hour wait time :knuppel2:, they did arrive quicker than this and after looking at it for a while he thinks one of the sensors is playing up.

Had one of those the other day as I set out on a 400 mile round trip. It was the ESP/ABS warning light and, as the conditions were dry, continued on the journey. Sure enough it was the sensor which had broken (not too bad, I thought) but unfortunately it was the broken hub that broke it! So ended up costing about what you paid - but now the weather's turned wet, I appreciate the thought of ABS should I need it and welcome a working ESP!
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Hinfrance

Glad to hear that the car got fixed, but main dealers definitely can be a nightmare. When the ECU packed up on our little Merc I thought I'd better check that really was the problem. They charged me €130 and came to the conclusion that the ECU was probably the problem. Good grief, I knew that already. Anyway, Mercedes price to remove and replace unit €1500, I did it for less than €200.

So when the cam chain tensioner started to sound a bit iffy I just went ahead and changed it myself. Job done. :dance:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Sometimes, I think not being allowed to drive anymore, has distinct advantages!
But then again, always having to walk, or use public transport or taxis can be a nuisance at times. Would be lost though if we lived in the country, without good transport links!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

picsfor

ok, just voted and discovered this weeks comp has already been won!  :-\

Never seen so many votes for 1 pic so early in the voting!   :o

Beaux Reflets

Well it is a cracking shot.  :tup: Having left it late in the week, I was stuffed like many with the dull overcast sky, but for a few moments of sunshine; when I played with taking a shot through a hole in a stone, laying on my back, head in the grass, to be in keeping with the topic .  :legit:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

stevebedder

Earlier in the week I had a great shot in mind, but as you say beuxreflets, I misjudged the weather and it was dark, dull and wet from the following day so ended up having get creative indoors.

Some great shots once again.
:tup:

jinky

Yes my vote went the way of most it seems. Great shot.Forgot to upload my sho but would not have been a contender anyway. I resolve to get more entries in  but first there is the matter of 3 weeks touring Spain. I love this retirement lark but the credit catd bills this month to settle suggest we slow down on our little jaunts. Still managed to get a good trip to Cairo, Nile Cruise and Luxor off travelzoo. Shame the troublke hast started there again but it has until Feb to settle down.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.