• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 57
  • Total: 57
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT thread weekly competition 1st-9th Aug Subject: Intentional Camera Movement

Started by Reinardina, August 01, 2015, 08:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

CHAT thread weekly competition 1st-9th August Subject: Intentional Camera Movement

Intentional Camera Movement, is yet another creative way to use your camera: shooting at low shutter speeds, while moving the camera, to create an abstract image through motion blur. The results can be surprisingly beautiful, like impressionist paintings.

How you move the camera is entirely up to you, horizontal, vertical, diagonal, in circles, or zooming in and out, all create the effect I'm after. It's easy to do, but I have tried it in the past, and I do not find it easy to get a beautiful result! It's often a question of many shots, in the hope one will stand out.

There is plenty to find on the Internet, if you want to know more about this technique.

No restrictions on PP, but it should not need much.

Pictures to be taken between now, 1 August 2015 to 23:59 Sunday  9 August 2015 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 10 August 2015.
Poll will be up Tuesday 11 August 2015.
Winner to be announced Saturday 15 August 2015.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Saturday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

Copy of comment by DigiDiva. (accidentally placed in ENTRIES thread).

"This challenge is indeed very challenging for me. Not something I can do. My attempts always look awful."

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

Reinardina

Has anyone had a go yet?

My first attempt, on Saturday evening, gave me one reasonable image.

While photographing for my volunteers group on Wednesday, I tried a few more, and none of them remotely attractive. Hope I can leave the kitchen fitters to their own devices for a while today and have another go.

DigiDiva

I had a sccessful go at a Yorkshire Lavender last Saturday. Just not sure which to enter.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Oldboy

I wanted to enter a panning shot but the sunlight didn't play ball.  >:(

Hinfrance

I've looked at the attempts I had at this topic in the few minutes I had to try to get an acceptable image, and I have nothing that I would be prepared to assault the senses of my fellow CC'ers with.

Hopefully I'll have more success with doors and windows.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

oggalily

Hi all, I've been busy with other things for a while but this comp caught my eye. Here's one from an overcast day down on the beach.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.