• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 114
  • Total: 114
  • Google (AdSense) (3)
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Is this a worry to anyone??

Started by greypoint, August 28, 2009, 10:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greypoint

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10312537-1.html

or is it old news? No idea, I've never even seen one in the flesh but I know lots of people have them ::)

Trickee

Apple said "these are isolated incidents,

i suppose it depends what the user was doing with it. wonder how many "isolated" incidents have occurred worldwide.

i had a play with one ,very slick but not my cup of tea. looks like another gadget that drains your time away.

Jonathan

Last time I checked there had been about 9 isolated incidents - and just 1 causing actual injury..  Some of them may be due to "user error" - like the one on that site which they admitted they destroyed trying to mod.  Plus now the story's out if you break one then you can easily claim it "just exploded".

According to Gartner, Apple sold about 5.5 million iPhones in 3 months of this year and 1 million 3 GS in a weekend (those figures aren't included in the 5.5M).

So statistically even if all cases are true then they are safer than paperclips.

Having said that, I usually wear mine on my belt or in front jeans pocket.  An explosion might be bad........ :-\
It's Guest's round

greypoint

Well...you can't be too careful... ::)

Mark Ellis

Quote from: Jonathan on August 28, 2009, 11:30:56 AM
...I usually wear mine on my belt or in front jeans pocket.  An explosion might be bad........ :-\
Don't worry Jonathan, if that did happen Steve Jobs would be along shortly to sell you the new 'I-Pee'...  :)

Sandy

Oldboy

Batteries contain a lot of power but normally are very safe. The problems are caused by a sudden discharge which generates a lot of heat. This is why they suggest not putting it into contact with other metals.  :tup:

greypoint

Yes - beware of sudden discharges whatever you do :2funny: :2funny:

Graham

Quote from: greypoint on August 28, 2009, 10:22:41 PM
Yes - beware of sudden discharges whatever you do :2funny: :2funny:
You behave. :)
                              Graham.

I'm just nipping over to DCM to fetch the Naughty Step!
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.