• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 85
  • Total: 85
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CIRCLE or Circles CHAT THREAD 12th - 18th May 2014

Started by jinky, May 11, 2014, 08:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

This weeks theme is CIRCLE or CIRCLES.
Any image that features a big circle or lots of circles in it and processed any way you like. Nice wide theme

This is the CHAT thread

The Entries thread is here: http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=3956.msg45298#msg45298

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 5th May 2014 to 23:59 Sunday 11th May 2014.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 12th May2014.
Poll will be up Tuesday 13th May2014.
Winner to be announced Saturday 17th May 2014.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

Reinardina

I remember winning the DCM 'Circle' competition with this one.

Now I know, I should have left a bit more margin on the right hand side. I have learnt a lot since then. But spread out over different aspects of photography. I don't really do still life anymore.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Quote from: Reinardina on May 11, 2014, 08:56:03 AM
I remember winning the DCM 'Circle' competition with this one.

Now I know, I should have left a bit more margin on the right hand side.

Yes that's page four in the photographers handbook, but you flouted the strict rules employed by less adventurous photographers and won! :tup:

Reinardina

Hadn't even read the introduction at that time.

Jediboy

May the Force be with you.

Chris

DigiDiva

Chris, you stole my line..................Think I will be going around in circles thinking of an entry for this one
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

DigiDiva

I once bough my mum a round tuit, as she said she would buy a new TV once she got a round tuit................

Reinardina

Had a few (natural) back up shots, but decided to do something creative.

I'm in with the 'Wheels of Progress.'

DigiDiva

Ok Im in with an abstract image called 'Circles Galore'

jinky

I`m in with Running Round in Circles

From a family shoot I did at the weekend. Not processed them properly as I`ve not picked up my new monitor yet but as I`m in hospital all day for tests tomorrow  :'(  thought I`d play around with a cfew and put him in the bubbles.

Reinardina

Hinfrance

Great idea Paul.

All the best for the test results - something I'm going to be going through in 10 day's time. Funny how there's nothing wrong until doctors start measuring things . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spikeyjen

my first attempt at a 'staged' bokeh shot, pretty simple I know but you have to start somewhere.  I'm a little disappointed that the right hand side of the cup is not clearer.

DigiDiva

I love the different taken on this weeks theme, be interesting to see how the voting goes

Hinfrance

I've still got mine to post. I have to resize it and finish my coffee first.

OK, coffee drunk. It's been a full week here at Hinfrance towers . .

Single Circles:

I spent a little while going through my record collection looking for an older Vertigo label with the black and white spiral, but all my Vertigo records had rather more plain labels.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.