• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 169
  • Total: 169
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp CHAT THREAD

Started by Jediboy, March 29, 2020, 02:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

HOME AND GARDEN

CHAT THREAD

Continuing the theme where we are all stuck indoors, this weeks theme is absolutely anything from the HOME AND GARDEN.

Interpret and edit how you wish, no holds barred on the PP.

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 5TH April 2020
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59 Monday 6th April 2020.
Poll will be up Tuesday 7th April 2020.

Winner to be announced Saturday 11th April 2020.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to;

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.
Modify message
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Hinfrance

Having taken a bunch of totally uninspiring pictures this week, I decided it was time to wake the drone form its hibernation, and so I took this this morning:

Home sweet home :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

In my garden doing jobs and a BBQ today and noticed all the spring buds

Jediboy

Having spent all week at home and in my garden I left it late (again) to get a photo. I now need to decide whether to use a rubbish one I took, or an archive one.

Chris

anglefire

I've just put an entry in - a bit late - but was actually taken last week and from the garden - nearly a first for me!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Wondering if Oldboy is OK. Unusual for him not to get entries into the weekend comp and not see any comments from him in a few days.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: jinky on April 10, 2020, 11:00:24 AM
Wondering if Oldboy is OK. Unusual for him not to get entries into the weekend comp and not see any comments from him in a few days.
Hopefully his absence is down to technical things like WIFI, rather than anything more serious.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Jediboy

Quote from: jinky on April 10, 2020, 11:00:24 AM

I had wondered this too. He normally posts an entry and gets involved. Hope he's OK.

Chris

Oldboy

Thanks all. I'm fine, just a little older. Bit disappointed not been able to go down the Valley due to the restrictions for Covid-19. The first Swallows should be arriving back from Africa, Spring flowers like the Hawthorne and cherry blossom should be out. Nesting birds should be around and tadpoles should be in our lakes. Just before the lockdown started the young Grey Herons were in the nests but not standing up yet. I'm missing all that.  :'(

I went to the local park for a walk and took my D200 plus 24-120mm F4-5.6 VR lens Last time I used it was in winter when I increased the exposure compensation to plus 3 and didn't notice.  :uglystupid2: My excuse was trying to stay at least 2 yards away from others but some ignored that including runners.  >:(

Jediboy

Hi Oldboy.
I share your frustrations about not being able to get out. The weather had been glorious and I free getting out due sunrise and sunsets. Not at the moment though.

Fingers crossed we get back to normal soon.

Take care all.

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.