• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 108
  • Total: 108
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Any EBay Experts??

Started by michaelb104, June 30, 2011, 01:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelb104

I'm a real EBay virgin but last week I bought an item direct (no bidding involved) and paid immediately using PayPal from a seller in Canada.  He seems to have a good reputation with quite a lot of good feedback.
After I bought the item I used the EBay contact thing to send him a message asking if he could let me know when to expect despatch of the item – no reply, since then I've sent another couple of messages but still no reply.

I know the item will not arrive in a few days if it's got to come from Canada which isn't a problem, it's just the fact that my money has been taken and I've not heard a peep from the seller.

Question is what would you recommend me to do now?

Should I wait another week and see what happens or should I now start trying to get my money back?
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Hinfrance

The Canadian postal dispute has only just been settled, so I'm guessing there will be quite a backlog in the system.

Maybe the seller can't tell you it's been sent if he can't actually send it.

It's too soon to start a claim, you have to allow a reasonable amount of time for the item to arrive. I don't know about the Canadian postal service, but stuff from the US often arrives here in France faster than stuff sent from the UK.

And, yep, some sellers are very uncommunicative, but 99.9% of them are genuine. Especially, I find, the Chinese :)

I've only had one problem in the past dozen or so purchases, and that was a UK seller with a top reputation who sent me a counterfeit item (it was only £8.00, so when he tried to give me a refund to say it wasn't a counterfeit, I figured it was £8.00 well spent to leave the comment on his feedback).

So I'd say, chill and see what arrives in 10 days or so. If nothing, then think about starting a dispute procedure.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

michaelb104

Thanks for the reply H.

I'll not worry about it for a while then.
Mike

Cathus

you can't start to get your money back until a certain amount of time passes, but it is worth checking the time scales on their support section about undelivered goods & dispute processes.

Having said that, you need to make sure you don't leave it longer than the stated period as well as ebay, in my experience, are bloody hopeless in sorting out problems. Thankfully, I've only lost out once in hundreds of purchases/sales but ebay were useless & I lost my money on something which never arrived.

spinner

I agree with Cathus, if it does go bad don't expect any help from ebay. And just to clarify, Canadian Postal workers have been ordered back to work by legislation, they are not happy about it, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're on 'go slow' mode. That said, the seller should in the name of decency, informed you of the strike, as it was in full swing when you bought the item.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

jinky

I think it`s within 45 days you have to log it as a dispute. Amazes me when they don`t come back by email- just a quick note to say posted is all it needs.

Malcolm1938

The seller usually clicks the Envelope changing it to yellow when item is sent
FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

krennon

Michael I bought a 2nd hand lens a few months ago from a guy in Germany, he was very uncommunicative when it came to answering when it would be shipped etc and I was slightly worried as it was nearly a 100quid we spent. However the lens arrived very well packaged absolutely perfect condition by post about 2 weeks after the payment went through, but still never got any communication from him and I don't think he even left feedback...but some people don't so I wouldn't start worrying yet as both Howard and Spin have said the Canadian Postal Dispute has only just finished so they will be on a go slow at present...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

michaelb104

Thanks all for the info.  The icon Malcolm pointed out has now turned yellow, so it looks like the item might be on the way – I must lean more patience!!

Still no message from the seller though, must be one of the uncommunicative ones.....
Mike

spinner

Quote from: michaelb104 on July 02, 2011, 11:08:58 AM
Thanks all for the info.  The icon Malcolm pointed out has now turned yellow, so it looks like the item might be on the way – I must lean more patience!!

Still no message from the seller though, must be one of the uncommunicative ones.....

Were they from Quebec? Their Hinglish might be poor.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.