• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 40
  • Total: 40
  • Google
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

The Seasons

Started by irv_b, September 04, 2009, 10:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irv_b

A remark on the "camera mag" thread made me think (insert your own sarcastic comment here) which season is most intresting to shoot in. Now I have only been at this as a hobby for at most two years but I think the autumn my favourite there just seems more going on. I was wondering what you guys rate as the best and do you have different expectations as you venture out the door over the differing months?
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

hevans

My favourite season would be the late autumn/winter. You don't have to get out of bed so early in order to catch the "golden hour".

Bingo

:tup:Definitely the autumn ...mind you I'm still trying to get a decent shot of spiders webs covered in dew, a mist filled valley, and golden trees by a lake...ohh and a thousand other shots.

hevans

Quote from: Bingo on September 04, 2009, 10:17:54 PM
:tup:Definitely the autumn ...mind you I'm still trying to get a decent shot of spiders webs covered in dew, a mist filled valley, and golden trees by a lake...ohh and a thousand other shots.
For a minute, I thought you were trying to get a single shot with all that in. That would be a challenge!

Bingo

Now it's been said someone will post the shot ...can't be that hard can it  ;)

oRGie

Quote from: Bingo on September 04, 2009, 10:17:54 PM

I miss Autumn and all the colour, we dont really get it here, just 2 seasons and only 1200 miles from the UK, amazing really..  We just have 8 months of summer and 4 months of winter, but its usually so mild and warm during the day if its not raining that the plants and tree's dont really change..  I also miss walking on crunchy grass on a frosty morning, oh and bacon lol

I do have a misty valley shot, taken from my back bedroom due to a toothache waking me up, smiling at what I saw it took my mind of the toothache.. sorry to those that have seen this allready..

Nice challenge to get a web by a tree lined lake next to a valley full of mist... it makes me think of photos I have seen of new zealand for some reason, lakes in the top of spent volcano's, now that would be a CC meet lol

Bingo

My god ...is that your back yard?  :o ............very nice shot oRGie

Oldboy

I love all the seasons as there are always great photos around. I love winter with snow on the trees and it's easier to spot birds, as there are no leaves to hid them. I love spring with all the new young appearing and the freshness of all the new growth. I love summer, which we didn't have much of this year, with all the butterflies and other insects around. I love the autumn with the leaves turning golden brown and a slight nip in the air, and all the creatures stocking up for winter.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

picsfor

Gonna agree with Oldboy here - all the seasons have something.
What they don't have is the ability to be present all the time so can choose the right season to match our photographic plans! 

greypoint

All the seasons have their advantages with regard to flora and fauna - it's really always a matter of light and getting out at the best times to capture it. Equally all the seasons in England have their fair share of grey drab days. I try to organise my time to get out and shoot as much as possible when the lights good and try to stop myself taking pictures just for the sake of it when conditions are bad.

Oldboy

Quote from: picsfor on September 05, 2009, 10:28:43 AM
Gonna agree with Oldboy here - all the seasons have something.
What they don't have is the ability to be present all the time so can choose the right season to match our photographic plans! 
That's why it good to get to know an area, so you can see the places that would make great photos when that season comes round. When we had snow I knew where to go to get pictures of Robins in the trees and bushes. Didn't have to wonder if they might be there as I knew for certain they would be. What was lucky was when the clouds cleared and the low winter sun came out to make it magic.  :tup:

picsfor

Quote from: Oldboy on September 05, 2009, 11:11:34 AM
That's why it good to get to know an area,
Yes but in Brighton and the surrounding coast every time it snows we get the "bloody snowman" appearing nest to the pier. If Aled Jones were to show up during snow i'm sure he'd get run over!
In Autumn - all the good places belong to the "do not even think about photographing on our property" National Trust.
The beach is fun, and the pier is not too bad.
Spring - again it all belongs to the National Bloody Trust. Right up there with the the bloody snowman!

Rant over! I'm off to Shoreham which will appreciate my efforts  >:(

Chris P

I don't know why but I like the winter.

There is something really stunning about a sunrise on a very cold morning.  The cooler colours, clarity of the air and the way the frost shines can be absolutely stunning.

'Spose the rest of the year is OK as well  8)

spinner

Spring and Autumn, pretty much for the same reason. It's nice weather to hike around in. Summer here can be scorching and humid and winter can be bitter cold with so much snow that it hinders movement.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

greypoint

Walking through the country park on Sunday it was green and brown and rather uninspiring - in a few weeks parts of the place will be transformed by the leaves turning to yellow and forming golden carpets along the trails - one of the compensations of the coming winter 8)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.