• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 47
  • Total: 47
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

mymemory dot com

Started by Forseti, December 02, 2009, 04:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forseti

Anyone used them - good, bad or indifferent? I'm after an 8GB Extreme IV CF card (preferably genuine  ::) ) and please, don't anyone recommend ebay.  :'(
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

picsfor

without a doubt - all my memory cards come from them. All genuine stuff (all Sandisk cards come with Sandisk recovery software)

Customer service is excellent - once pressed a button and placed an order twice by mistake.
Quick e-mail and all sorted.

I will probably getting some more cards off them soon as 2 x 4gb is not enough for a day out with a 5D MkII!

Forseti

Ok, good to know. I've been doing a bit of web hunting since my last post and to say that I am shocked by the price differences would be an understatement. As an example, a 16GB SanDisk Extreme IV 45mb/s UDMA is selling for €166 from one major retailer (WEX), for €164 from mymemory dot com, whilst exactly the same card from Amazon (De) is selling for €99. Unbelievable.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Compact-Flash-Cards/SanDisk/SanDisk-Extreme-IV-Compact-Flash-Card

http://www.wexcameras.de/product/default.aspx?sku=1030322

http://www.amazon.de/SanDisk-CompactFlash-Extreme-Speicherkarte-16GB/dp/B001M62X0Q/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=ce-de&qid=1259772190&sr=8-7

Looking at these options perhaps mymemory dot com isn't as attractive as at first I thought they were.
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

wee jake

I use them all the time. Very good service and good price.
The only problem I have had, was when I tried to purchase two Extreme III 4GB, I waited over a week before they emailed me to say they had none in stock, then a month later they emailed to say they now had the stock, but that was too late, the shoot was over.
However this is the only issued I have had and would still recommend using them.

Ian

picsfor

That price on Amazon.de is not from Amazon.

It is from a third party selling through the Amazon Market Place and the feedback seems to have in a worryingly low area.

I have to sayi would give it a miss - the old 'if it's too good to be true...' comes to mind.

The final stats say that 1 in 20 customers do not consider trading with that supplier as a positive experience. That's worrying  :-[

Alfonso_Frisk

Have you looked at 7dayshop ?
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_6&products_id=107531

I use these now all the time after being let down by other suppliers in the past
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

oRGie

7dayshop, fantastic, use them very often... on the cf card front, forget the extreme3 etc, get the new extreme 60mbs cards, 8gb is £47 delivered from 7dayshop

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_6&products_id=107531

I recently got a sandisk firewire reader, big difference even over usb2 speeds, 55 seconds to dl 500mb on the firewire reader and 2mins something on the usb2 reader (extreme3 8gb card). i got the firewire reader from amazon btw.

£82 for the 16gb 60mbs cf cards on amazon (7day dont seem to have them yet), thats my next card at somepoint when the prices drop a little more, dont need it right now lol  but look forward to the dl speed of it on the firewire reader..

:beer:

picsfor

The real teaser is the Digic IV Canons are able to take advantage of UDMA 6 cards with 90mb/s transfer speed.
Potentially this could increase your buffer and allow an extra frame or two to be fired off in succession for those doing action type photography.

Forseti

Great, thanks for all the info guys. That 7dayshop seems to be a good deal oRGie  :-* although I think the 8GB card (or two) will suffice me. 16GB.....ouch, if things went belly up a lot of data could get lost there  :'(. Talking about Firewire readers......I've got one of those tucked away somewhere and never used..........time to get rummaging.

Edit: Um, when registering oRGie it appears that only UK, the Channel Islands and Ireland addresses are acceptable for registering. How did you get around this one?

oRGie

Quote from: Forseti on December 02, 2009, 09:43:51 PM
Great, thanks for all the info guys. That 7dayshop seems to be a good deal oRGie  :-* although I think the 8GB card (or two) will suffice me. 16GB.....ouch, if things went belly up a lot of data could get lost there  :'(. Talking about Firewire readers......I've got one of those tucked away somewhere and never used..........time to get rummaging.

Edit: Um, when registering oRGie it appears that only UK, the Channel Islands and Ireland addresses are acceptable for registering. How did you get around this one?

Ah yes, I have a friend who forwards to me, sorry forgot about that..  the site lets you have different delivery address, so its easy to order :)  not sure about the registering, it was years ago now, but they have my pt address as the billing addy..

Forseti

Quote from: oRGie on December 02, 2009, 10:10:07 PM

Ah yes, I have a friend who forwards to me, sorry forgot about that.. 

:( :(

anglefire

I have 3 16Gb cards - well 4, but one went funny once, so is now a last resort card (All pics bar two were recovered). Two are Sandisk, which I use mostly.

As my MkIII doesn't use UDMA the card speed is only useful for downloading off the cards onto the 'puter.

The reason I use 16Gb cards is simple - changing cards every 250shots is annoying - though I do have it set to auto switch to the SD slot when it runs out. ;D
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

alan1572

Quote from: Forseti on December 02, 2009, 10:14:39 PM
Quote from: oRGie on December 02, 2009, 10:10:07 PM

Ah yes, I have a friend who forwards to me, sorry forgot about that.. 

:( :(

if you want one i would be happy to get one/two for you and forward them on.
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Colin

My Memory are very good  :tup:. They ship to Spain direct and very quickly  :tup: On a couple of orders from them that have processed them VAT free as I am not in the UK (maybe a bug in their software) great for me  :D When I lived in the UK I found 7dayshop slow to deliver, the 7 days refers to the delay before they would dispatch although they may be better now.

Forseti

Quote from: alan1572 on December 03, 2009, 09:43:24 PM

if you want one i would be happy to get one/two for you and forward them on.

Thanks for the offer Alan, I may take you up on it in the future. As it is, my next door neighbours daughter is presently in England working as an Au Pair and is due to return home on the 23rd. After getting permission from her employers I have now arranged for delivery to her address and if the cards don't arrive before the daughters departure they will forward it on. Your offer is much appreciated though - thanks again.  :-*

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.