• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 65
  • Total: 65
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Red eye and Blue eye removal

Started by oRGie, October 12, 2009, 02:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oRGie

I put this shot up and it has blue eye from the flash, now I have various ways of dealing with it, but whenever I try on a shot like this, where the blue area is quite large, I can never get a natural looking repair..  Any tips for doing this well ?

Jonathan

Just had a very quick go.

I used the "replace color" tool.  Open it up, click the eye and then use the sliders to correct.  I dropped the sat and lightness quite a bit then fiddled with the hue.  Tweak the fuzziness as required.  Then a curve adjustment to open up some detail in the fur.  Longer to explain than to do....

Could probably do with the desaturate sponge right on the catchlight too.
It's Guest's round

oRGie

Very nice, I like that it still looks natural, I see you havent tried to get rid 100%, but instead worked towards toning it down and the result is very good..  Thanks for the tips  :beer:

oRGie

Got round to trying this out, very pleased with the results and very simple. Not sure if I managed to lose a bit of life in the pupil, but I will experiment a bit more :)

Jonathan

Looks good.  It's gone a bit desaturated though which always looks a bit like cataracts :(  Maybe add a false catchlight?
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.