• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 42
  • Total: 42
  • Google
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Yes Chef! CHAT: Weekly Comp Mon 26th Nov-Sun 2nd Dec

Started by Matthew, November 25, 2012, 11:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Got one ready, hoping for a mince pie based entry later, but the light is really really bad today.

So, choose your starch . .

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

Managed to get a shot of the mince pies, so this is my entry:

Mince Pies:

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Matthew

Some stunning entries in so far guys.....keep 'em coming... :tup:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

michaelb104

Sorry for doubling up on garlic Highlandscenics, it was the only thing to hand other than a tin of beans.....................

I'm trying to get as much use as I can out of the black tiles I bought specifically for using as a background.
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Matthew

Ooh, like the use of the black tiles, gives the shot that extra ompff.....nice job....nice to see another garlic shot in though, they make for good subjects.....Good luck  :tup:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

ABERS

Quote from: Reinardina on December 02, 2012, 10:06:59 AM
This is what I was playing with.

Then switched to fruit and ended up with this:

"I Love Fruit!"

This is, in all probability, going to be my entry.
I also made a version with a border so as to accommodate text, but as the brief was for a cover photo only, I decided to leave the actual make up to the editors.

Your Fruit cover will certainly make the editor sit up and take notice R. Can see this on the news stand being well thumbed through. Bright, innovative, eyecatching, creative, way outside the norm, where do I vote!  :tup:

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on December 03, 2012, 08:35:10 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on December 02, 2012, 10:06:59 AM
This is what I was playing with.

Then switched to fruit and ended up with this:

"I Love Fruit!"

This is, in all probability, going to be my entry.
I also made a version with a border so as to accommodate text, but as the brief was for a cover photo only, I decided to leave the actual make up to the editors.

Your Fruit cover will certainly make the editor sit up and take notice R. Can see this on the news stand being well thumbed through. Bright, innovative, eyecatching, creative, way outside the norm, where do I vote!  :tup:

Oh Alan, you make me blush! (Very nice on a dismal, grey and wet day!)
Thank you for your praise, very much appreciated.

Voting starts when H puts the poll up, normally on a Tuesday morning.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Nearly forgot to do mine. Did the shots using my new compact - Sony HX20V. So far getting nice panoramas with it but not sure about the rest so thought more practice needed. I was a real multi-tasket on Sunday. Cooking the dinner, setting it out and taking the shots as I went - men can multitask you see.
Lasagne - pasta it`s best?

Hinfrance

Multitasking is simply a way of taking longer to several things than it would have taken if you had done them one at a time, and all of them to a lower standard. :legit:

But I'm sure dinner was lovely. 8)

Have a gander at THIS for a laugh (hopefully)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.